Tyler's DD/plaything

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Well my abs box is good for scrap right now. I hooked a tech2 up to try and diagnose an ABS light 4 years ago and it wouldn't communicate with the system. So I can't bleed the ABS module. It's probably full of air. And I can't do anything to fix that so......its going away. And I've got that 14bsf I'm going to disc swap which would warrant the removal/bypass of the ABS module anyways. Since I have a brand new master, prop valve, and a few new lines..... I better have a solid brake pedal. If I don't I'm burning the truck. (kidding)

Sent from my flagged XT1635-01

Tyler/T-Unit

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Best of luck to ya. Lord knows I shouldn't be allowed to touch brakes :lol:

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
Good luck. Last time my abs was bled the truck was ran through a wooden shop door. Needless to say i never took it back to that guy..

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
It was the shop owner that ran through his own door. He jumped out of the truck to open up the shop door and forgot to put it in park. Needless to say the truck opened the door for him.. It was an actual shop but the building was built in the 30s and the door was the original wooden door. I was actually sittin in the waiting room.

The brakes worked good before they just went like halfway down before you actually started to stop.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
It was the shop owner that ran through his own door. He jumped out of the truck to open up the shop door and forgot to put it in park. Needless to say the truck opened the door for him.. It was an actual shop but the building was built in the 30s and the door was the original wooden door. I was actually sittin in the waiting room.

The brakes worked good before they just went like halfway down before you actually started to stop.
1/2 travel before engagement does not constitute good brakes. I'm gonna throw that out there.

I'm just sick of having a **** pedal. Nobody likes driving my truck because they think they're gonna crash. I can lock my fronts up but I have to be on the firewall to do it. That's not how brakes should be. So my fix will be including everything currently known to solve the problem.

ABS delete
Stainless front hoses
GMT800 master
Non ABS prop valve
Full bleed

Tyler/T-Unit

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
I'm good with brake stuff. I just need the time to do it all. For now I'm running with a blown line so I have little brake power at all. But the hours are just insane right now. It'll be a weekend project for sure. New rear line, and all the other crap at once.

Tyler/T-Unit

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Tailgate is on. Trying to figure out what to do with badges. I wanna stay with similar styling as the stock stuff. Found a 1500hd badge off a 2002 silverado. I like it. I have to get a new one though. The one I have is not in good shape. I was thinking a newer z71 badge on the lower right corner.
You must be registered for see images

Tyler/T-Unit