Tyler's 2000 Grand Prix GT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Another buddy dropped by to help me with the heavy work. Between the two of us we got the engine and trans in with no issues at all.
You must be registered for see images

Then came the fun part. Routing the harnesses and plugging in all the stuff I wasn't around to see unplugged. I found four brackets in the back seat one of which mounted on the back of the engine and the tailhousing of the trans. That was a fun one to install with everything in the car. Buddy came home and helped finish everything under hood up. Got the Cv shafts in and started hooking the brakes up. Drivers side caliper piston would not compress. Started fiddling with the caliper and the piston shot across the garage. Someone had pumped the brakes with everything apart and unseated the drivers piston. By this time it was 9pm and no parts store was open. So I got the front manifold and cross over pipe on, coolant added, oil in and trans fluid in. Hooked the battery up and she fired on the second revolution! Ran a little rough but it ran.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
I got called in to work the following day. Someone stopped in and fixed the rough running issue. No clue what they did. Buddy who owned the house went out and got a caliper and bracket and put it on so he could have his garage back. He took it out for a quick spin and checked the fault codes. Cleared the couple that were there and ran around the block. Nothing came back so he parked it.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
I came by two days later to help clean the garage and pick up the car. I took it for a short ride and learned that once it was warm it liked to stall at idle (more on this later) It shifted a little slow (needed more fluid) and the low coolant light came on (system burped) got more trans fluid in it, topped off the coolant and started cleaning up his garage while he was on a fire call. Got done with all that and started cleaning the ugly wheels up. Got done with one and was very impressed. So I did the rest of them haha.

Drove it home, unloaded the tools and cleaned the IAC hoping it would solve the warm idle stall issue. Started pulling apart the console to clean it but it got late and started raining so I parked it for the night.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Next day I took it to get plates, ran to town to get my hearing test for work, and ran to the fire station and spent the next six hours detailing the Holy hell out of the thing. The results were extremely pleasing and I'm starting to think this car is quite a bit nicer than I was intending it to be. The interior was disgusting. I had to slide out the gear indicator strip to clean it and clean the inside of the console to remove the drink stains. I also popped out the DRL fuse because I hate DRL systems with a burning passion. At this point I've logged 150 miles with the IAC cleaned and it hasn't sputtered once. Free fix!

Here it is all cleaned up.

You must be registered for see images attach

That's everything so far. Nothing is really going to change until I go back to work and pay off my buddy whom I bought the car from. He's already given me the title the day I put money down. So far I have a total of $1,400-$1,500 in this car accounting for the full purchase price being included. Not bad at all if you ask me. There's little things like the hollow fluttering tweeter on the passenger side that bothers me, the lack of window tint (fishbowl status) is making me go insane and the **** lights are really making me squirm (lighting is kinda my thing) but I can't mod it til I pay it off otherwise I'll look like a d-bag buying expensive **** for a car I haven't even fully paid my friend for that sees me every other day.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Oh and that ******* hitch is coming off too. God I hate that thing.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
But seriously. The lights and lack of tint makes my eye twitch.

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
I'm sorry I missed it, I've been in training in Kentucky for two day's, but did your relearn work out for you?

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Never knew how to relearn it. I cleaned the iac and it appears to have solved the issue.

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
Never knew how to relearn it. I cleaned the iac and it appears to have solved the issue.

Sweet!

For future reference,

pull the ECM fuse or disconnect the battery for about a minute, long enough for it to absolutely drain everything.

Turn the A/C off, so the clutch doesn't engage.

Start the car, immediately drop it into drive. It might not start, but keep trying without every pushing the gas pedal.

Once it's started, let it idle in drive with your foot on the brake for at least 5 minute's, no more than 7.

Shut it off for 10 seconds

Restart, put it back in drive, idle another 5 minutes with your foot on the brake.

Shut it off.

Have beer, nonsense is all done.