Tyler's 2000 Grand Prix GT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
I wouldn't bother with aftermarket headlights. Just use stock housings. I had aftermarket projectors on my coupe and they were dog **** horrible! Looked awesome though lol

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
I plan to run HIDs. And these aren't cheap housings either. If I don't like them they'll go up for sale on the GP forums.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
I plan to run HIDs. And these aren't cheap housings either. If I don't like them they'll go up for sale on the GP forums.

I bought mine used with hids. Not sure what brand they were.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Foggy parking light taken care of. Shop towel and a light touch with a Flathead screwdriver got rid of the moisture. It snowed most of the day today so it sat around not doing much. Hopefully I can get enough miles on it to change the oil before I go back to work. If it's nice this coming week I might do it early and get a quart of trans fluid in the oil system to really give the cleaning process a kick in the pants.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Two fog light bulbs. $7 fix. And it was bothering me. Next up is getting the reverse lights working.
You must be registered for see images

LOUDRNU

Reaction score
Very nice clean car, looks like a good deal to me...I had a GTP back in 05 & loved it, bought it used & it had some work done by some guys at www.intense-racing.com here in Ohio. I know it had some LS1 rockers & other parts along with a header/cutout, pulleys & tune. It was trouble with Nitto drag radials ...Needless to say I wish I had never sold it.

These are the results from the guy I bought it from
INTENSE Drag Day� VI Official ResultsMay 8th, 2005 - Norwalk Raceway Park - Norwalk, Ohio

1. Tim King (OH) � �98 Grand Prix GTP � 11.282 @ 120.75

Actually they still sell the same package the car had....Im not sure what they offer for N/A 3800s but they sure do know what they are doing..
Here is the link...sorry for the rant but there is just something about those GPs I still love

http://intense-racing.com/Merchant2...IR&Product_Code=IPP-673&Category_Code=3800_PP

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Very nice clean car, looks like a good deal to me...I had a GTP back in 05 & loved it, bought it used & it had some work done by some guys at www.intense-racing.com here in Ohio. I know it had some LS1 rockers & other parts along with a header/cutout, pulleys & tune. It was trouble with Nitto drag radials ...Needless to say I wish I had never sold it.

These are the results from the guy I bought it from
INTENSE Drag Day� VI Official ResultsMay 8th, 2005 - Norwalk Raceway Park - Norwalk, Ohio

1. Tim King (OH) � �98 Grand Prix GTP � 11.282 @ 120.75

Actually they still sell the same package the car had....Im not sure what they offer for N/A 3800s but they sure do know what they are doing..
Here is the link...sorry for the rant but there is just something about those GPs I still love

http://intense-racing.com/Merchant2...IR&Product_Code=IPP-673&Category_Code=3800_PP
It so far has been a very great deal. It still needs a few things. Some kinks worked out and personalization. Struts are shot. Need to get those replaced. Needs tint like a ****. Sound system is subject par. Lighting is weak. But it runs, it drives, it's straight.

Body isn't what I would call clean. It has rot. But for what I have into it it's not bad. And it doesn't leak so I can live with it.

Thanks man. I doubt I'll do anything with it performance wise. I don't need a toy. That'll be what the truck is for. This is just gonna be a daily for me. If I want a fast car I'll buy a classic mopar and throw a modern fuel injected hemi at it (probability of this actually happening ever is like 0/100 lol)

LOUDRNU

Reaction score
It so far has been a very great deal. It still needs a few things. Some kinks worked out and personalization. Struts are shot. Need to get those replaced. Needs tint like a ****. Sound system is subject par. Lighting is weak. But it runs, it drives, it's straight.

Body isn't what I would call clean. It has rot. But for what I have into it it's not bad. And it doesn't leak so I can live with it.

Thanks man. I doubt I'll do anything with it performance wise. I don't need a toy. That'll be what the truck is for. This is just gonna be a daily for me. If I want a fast car I'll buy a classic mopar and throw a modern fuel injected hemi at it (probability of this actually happening ever is like 0/100 lol)

Yea, definitely can't complain I personally wouldn't do anything crazy to a GP if I acquired another one. The GTP was right out of high school & after my third or forth hefty ticket I traded it that same week for a GMT4 Denali.
A classic mopar with modern hemi is a dream of mine as well. I'm sure you have seen the '67 Dart & '68 Charger with the Hellcat swaps...:evillol:

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
I haven't. I'm not sure I want to because I'd be drooling and my wallet would be kicking my ass for thinking about it. Next year around this time I will be adding emergency lights and a siren to the car but I plan to keep it relatively the same as it is now.