Tyler's 2000 Grand Prix GT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
So I messed around with my painting idea.
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images

And I found out that reflective concepts makes inlays for these things in many colors. So I'm doing 3D carbon fiber. I have electrical tape on there now just to test the idea and it's coming off today. I'm also doing an overlay on the arrowhead and the door and trunk lid Grand Prix GT badges. I want to find a set of 3800v6 badges and overlay them and I'll buy a sheet of 3D carbon fiber to do the front lower bumper section if I feel ambitious. But that might be too much.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Hitch? Gone. Tips polished. Big improvement.

You must be registered for see images

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
This might actually turn out to be a sexy car. Too bad it's rusty.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Next up? Getting this damn fishbowl darkened down.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
OK so plugging the oil pressure sending unit hole is next. It started shooting oil out of the sender. So I'm gonna remove it and plug the hole. I'll buy a new sender in case I sell the car or it causes issues. But from what I hear there aren't any problems with plugging it and the new ones have a life of about three weeks.

BoxerPitMix

Chris
Reaction score
Every time I click on this thread it brings me a step closer to owning another W body. lol

That sucks! At least it's nothing horrible to fix.
I guess I'm lucky, I never had to replace an oil sender on a 3.8

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
6.0 swap now?

sent from my glade air freshner
Not for a $5-$12 fix... If I was to do that I would do a GTO LS 6.0 and a six speed manual. But that's never going to happen. Ever. This car is just not worth all that to me.
Every time I click on this thread it brings me a step closer to owning another W body. lol

That sucks! At least it's nothing horrible to fix.
I guess I'm lucky, I never had to replace an oil sender on a 3.8
It's not difficult. Remove passenger front wheel and oil sender on filter extension housing. Insert brass plug or new sender.

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
OK so plugging the oil pressure sending unit hole is next. It started shooting oil out of the sender. So I'm gonna remove it and plug the hole. I'll buy a new sender in case I sell the car or it causes issues. But from what I hear there aren't any problems with plugging it and the new ones have a life of about three weeks.

Only issue you would have is if the Fuel pump relay takes a dump. The oil pressure switch is the bypass. So other than the dead gauge, you should be fine.