Turbo build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I don't think compound boost works the same with a centrifugal, I've only ever seen it in reference to a roots or twin screw blower.

Jaredpear

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The time has finally come, I decided against all the crazy setups and am going the tried and true single turbo. I just ordered a BW s475 t6 1.32 ar. I’m ordering the t6 flange next week and sending the computer in for a retune on Monday.
Now, I have a question. For my hot side it’s a divided t6 flange and I either want to run both flange collectors into the passenger manifold and then just run manifolds collector to collector, or would it best to one side of the flange collector into the manifold, block of the manifold outlet and then run the other manifold into the other flange collector.

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just read thru all that and was getting ready to type out that it really is a big waste of time for your setup. Glad you seen the light.
The Compound stuff is really oriented around Diesels that run very high boost pressures. For a gasoline engine your better off just running a single turbo and cam to match. Its not going to have that snap down low unless you get the converter perfect. But the mid and upper RPMs will be silly.
I ran the S475/83 1.0A/R T4 on a Cammed LQ4 for 200K+ miles and it was perfect. Now its on a Cammed 5.3 in another truck and working on tuning it now.

You going to the S475/96 T6 with 1.32A/R you should make you happy.
Ive never messed with BBC stuff like this just stock stuff, but it should lite off pretty good and scream on top end if you have everything setup right.

I would highly suggest running each exhaust bank to a divided side on the flange. Your going to need to be moving alot of exhaust so no point in any other way but merge at the T6 Flange.

Id also suggest running the largest wastegate possible. Start low and work it up slowly.

Jaredpear

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That’s another thing I was gonna bring up was wastegate placement, im buying the monkeyfab divided t6 flange and was wondering the best way to fit one somewhere, the flange will connect directly to manifold.

Jaredpear

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just read thru all that and was getting ready to type out that it really is a big waste of time for your setup. Glad you seen the light.
The Compound stuff is really oriented around Diesels that run very high boost pressures. For a gasoline engine your better off just running a single turbo and cam to match. Its not going to have that snap down low unless you get the converter perfect. But the mid and upper RPMs will be silly.
I ran the S475/83 1.0A/R T4 on a Cammed LQ4 for 200K+ miles and it was perfect. Now its on a Cammed 5.3 in another truck and working on tuning it now.

You going to the S475/96 T6 with 1.32A/R you should make you happy.
Ive never messed with BBC stuff like this just stock stuff, but it should lite off pretty good and scream on top end if you have everything setup right.

I would highly suggest running each exhaust bank to a divided side on the flange. Your going to need to be moving alot of exhaust so no point in any other way but merge at the T6 Flange.

Id also suggest running the largest wastegate possible. Start low and work it up slowly.

Also RDF1 I’m following your build and man that thing is turning out super nice if you have any tips I’d love to hear em. I’ve owned a turbo car but never added one to a na engine.

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That’s another thing I was gonna bring up was wastegate placement, im buying the monkeyfab divided t6 flange and was wondering the best way to fit one somewhere, the flange will connect directly to manifold.

I Learned my lesson on wastegate placment.. Glad you brought that up.
Keep in mind of how the air flows inside a pipe. You want your Wastegate "Valve" to be hit dead on with the flow. So on the back side of a bend.
Like this..
Top is only going to work with back pressure so its going to over boost.
Bottom the exhaust flow is going to help open the WG Valve

You must be registered for see images attach

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Also RDF1 I’m following your build and man that thing is turning out super nice if you have any tips I’d love to hear em. I’ve owned a turbo car but never added one to a na engine.

Thanks!
Ive never done anything like this as in a full "build" but its been a nightmare and learning experience at the same time.
I work at a Metal Fab shop so i get all the "toys" to work with after work. Plus lots of scrap metal left over from jobs so i am able to do alot of stuff with free materials.

Jaredpear

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do you think it Would be better to put one on each leg of the flange or combine them into one and use one wastegate?

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If it were me, i might would entertain a 38mm on each bank.
I like to sneak up on boost while tuning and being able to run low boost for whatever reason. And then you can start from there and turn it up slowly just incase something happens.
And if your towing something heavy you can turn it down.