Turbo build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
95 is huge, s is 72. 72mm should be your big side, you wont start bosting at your desired RPM and the small turbo doesnt just "shut off' id type more but my keyboard is screwed.

Tom P

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Perhaps you've said this and I missed it but what kind of transmission do you intend to bolt behind this thing???

Jaredpear

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Built Full manual 4l80e cause I already have it in my truck(not the built and full manual part) lol. Or swap to a dodge nv4500 that's built.

And for everyone else. I want to race it. But at the same time I wanna be able to cruise in it. Using the megasquirt I'm gonna build a blended tune for 91 to e-85 so I can run any blend of gas and use the 91 for street with lowered boost. And the turbos will still give me what I want and allow me to pull away from anyone who thinks they could mess with me hehe. also the low boost threshold (maybe wrong terminology?) is so incase I need to, I could tow with it and have all the power I could ever need down low and if need be I could downshift and have even more power. After reading everywhere I've come to the conclusion that a built turbo 454 can be very streetable with a mild cam and still be driven normally when need be, which is the goal.

superdave

Proud NOOA Member
Reaction score
A vehicle can be built to do one thing really well. Whatever your main use is what you need to center your build on. If you build a drag truck, it's not going to make a good tow truck or daily driver.

Jaredpear

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Does anyone know how compound boost setups work? I was looking at a twin charge setup with a Procharger p1-sc and a borgwarner S475 set at 8-9 psi. How much boost will that set me at the top end? And you think the s475 Is big enough? Or should I go bigger?

Jaredpear

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
For any and all who are still following this, I believe I have perfected the sequential setup for my truck. Starting at the headers the two exhaust pipes are gonna y into one single pipe and wrap around the front of the engine and then split into 2 again where each exhaust leg is gonna go to each turbo inlet. The down pipe from the small turbo is also gonna come out and combine with the leg going into the big turbo so that way all the exhaust gas eventually goes through the big turbo. Now in the leg going to big turbo there will be a boost activated cutout with the reference line coming from the big turbos outlet so it doesn’t open till the big turbo is producing boost. There will be one wastegate for each turbo with their reference lines coming from their respected turbo. On the intake side there is going to be 3 blowoff valves and 2 Electric cut outs. The Electric cutout will be on the outlet side of the compressor and will have a blowoff valve between the outlet and the cutout for each one as to let them spin with the cutouts closed, with their reference lines also being to their respected turbos. With the setup one cutout will always be closed and one will be always open and it will be based on where the aftermarket ecm sees boost. And the final blowoff valve will be right in front of the throttle. With how this is set up it should let me use each turbo for a certain rev range and boost level. Hopefully I should start building it soon as I’m getting overtime and tax return is coming up. I have a schematic that I’ve drawn up that I’ll post when I get home.