Stock lm7 turbo build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Romanheystek

Reaction score
This would be worth looking into:

Yeah I would probably invest in one of those because I have no clue how I would fabricate that cross over and the headers perfectly without a vac leak so I would def buy one of those. Seems worth it

Reaction score
You have any more information you would like to share with us about that???
Like a build thread by chance, I see that's only your second post in over a decade.....and it's a good one!!! Lol
Hahah I need to update that thread, I randomly saw this thread started and had to reset my password to log back into this group, it's been many years.
My truck has been ls swapped for probably 6 or 7 years, it was a stock 5.3 with 4l60e, started to get bored with it so I pulled the heads and installed a cam and port and polished the heads. I used the hooker manifold that holleys sells for the passenger side, used a stock driver manifold on the driver side, made my own crossover. I wanted to keep AC so I had to place thr turbo in a different place then I've seen many others do. I ran a 3" intercooler behind the grill. The downpipe is 3" until it's under the cab and it goes to 4" out the back of the truck behind the rear tire. I'll work on updating my thread and with more pictures and videos

Attachments

• 20210224_070514.jpg
    20210224_070514.jpg
    747.1 KB · Views: 7
  • 20200628_070034.jpg
    20200628_070034.jpg
    248.7 KB · Views: 7
  • 20240105_090317.jpg
    20240105_090317.jpg
    272.7 KB · Views: 6

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hahah I need to update that thread, I randomly saw this thread started and had to reset my password to log back into this group, it's been many years.
My truck has been ls swapped for probably 6 or 7 years, it was a stock 5.3 with 4l60e, started to get bored with it so I pulled the heads and installed a cam and port and polished the heads. I used the hooker manifold that holleys sells for the passenger side, used a stock driver manifold on the driver side, made my own crossover. I wanted to keep AC so I had to place thr turbo in a different place then I've seen many others do. I ran a 3" intercooler behind the grill. The downpipe is 3" until it's under the cab and it goes to 4" out the back of the truck behind the rear tire. I'll work on updating my thread and with more pictures and videos
Oh Lord......it's a stepside too!!!!!
Ya....that's friggin awesome!!!

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Heck yeah that’s awesome!!!! Without slicks I’m sure it spins the tires at any speed. I know even when my car was at only 550 wheel Hp it would have traction issues with 18” wide slicks.
If you're having traction issues with 550whp on slicks you need to work on your suspension set-up.