Stock lm7 turbo build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Romanheystek

Reaction score
What are the thoughts on a 383 stroker. I mean I already have the block for it even tho I might not be getting the same performance but they are probably the greatest sounding motors ever. Idk a lot about them but I see them in lots of e36’s so it’s clearly a well documented motor build but I’m just wondering the economics of it all. I don’t think a teenager can handle 500+ hp without getting in trouble (I’m already planning places to race and the new msp law is amazing lol)

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You can easily do a 383 with the 5.3 no problem.
Can even use stock 6.098" Gen 4 rods with a 4" crank with the right pistons.
Are you planning on putting turbo on the 383 or just running it N/A?

The last 383 i did went into a 2005 silverado crew cab 4x4 with a 78mm turbo. With 4.10s and 33" tires it was a fun ride. Made boost instantly and towed trailers very good.
If it were mine, id stick to a 5.3. It can make way more power than your expecting.

Here are some rough numbers...
Dss Racing Pistons were about $625
Gen 4 Rods about $100
Eagle 4" crankshaft $600
Balance rotating assembly $225
Bearings $90
Bore block, Surface Decks, Clean $500

Last edited:

Romanheystek

Reaction score
I was thinking the striker using the 5.7 350 I already have. I can slap a carb on it and all that so I get away from the ****** tbi

Romanheystek

Reaction score
That’s super true but something about the sounds of a 383 just make me wanna spend $1000’s on it but it’s probably a better idea selling the 350. I was drivin today and the engine picked up a new shake which is uneven so idk what it is because I’m gunna let it be because she’ll never die but worst case it’s gunna be expensive to fix and best case it’ll be expensive so I’ll stick to the ls im thinkin.