Turbo build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What year truck is it? I looked back but didn't see it mentioned.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What advantages would the 0411 have? Whether it’s a stand alone of the 0411 there will need to be some rewiring and tuning with either route
You can do a custom operating system to have good control of boost up to 3 bar and timing throughout the whole range.
But I don't think BBP offers support for that over email.
Have you thought about getting tuning software?

Jaredpear

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It’s a 1999
You can do a custom operating system to have good control of boost up to 3 bar and timing throughout the whole range.
But I don't think BBP offers support for that over email.
Have you thought about getting tuning software?

For the black box ecm or for either of the other options?

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It’s a 1999

For the black box ecm or for either of the other options?
There's not much to offer for the black box ECMs. The 411 has much better options

Jaredpear

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’m not for sure going with either of the computers. I was just saying if worst comes to worst. But yes, if I go that route I’ll be getting the software to tune it.

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’m not for sure going with either of the computers. I was just saying if worst comes to worst. But yes, if I go that route I’ll be getting the software to tune it.
I'd do the 411 then. You can use any 1999-2002 LS1B PCM. Just do a full flash of a 454 tune and go.
I might still have the tune from my brothers 2000 or 2001 454 truck

Jaredpear

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You’ve messed with EFILive tuning, any experiance with hp tuners? I know those are the two big ones and most people tend to talk about EFILive. Pricing? Potential issues? Better tuning and reliability?

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You’ve messed with EFILive tuning, any experiance with hp tuners? I know those are the two big ones and most people tend to talk about EFILive. Pricing? Potential issues? Better tuning and reliability?
My buddy got HPT to tune his car with and asked if I could help him. I spent about 3 weeks fooling with it and don't like how it's laid out, I never got anywhere with it and gave up.

I prefer EFI Live. I feel it's laid out better and easier to use. But I've been using it for 14 years..

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
EFILive can deal with 2 bar of boost, but it won't control the boost. It can do a 2 step though, I forget if it's a fuel or spark cut. The wiring would be much easier to accomplish with the 411. There was no 454 that ever came with a 411. You have to steal bits from the blackbox to make it work. I have yet to deal with my idle.

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
EFILive can deal with 2 bar of boost, but it won't control the boost. It can do a 2 step though, I forget if it's a fuel or spark cut. The wiring would be much easier to accomplish with the 411. There was no 454 that ever came with a 411. You have to steal bits from the blackbox to make it work. I have yet to deal with my idle.
The COS 2 step cuts fuel like the Rev limiter. So it's not much use for a turbo setup.