Towing a stuck vehicle?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
I'm so glad I put these in when I did the SAS. I wish I would have put a receiver in as well.

You must be registered for see images attach

This is my big tow strap. I also have a smaller stretchy one too.

jps4jeep

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I honestly didn't read other post so I appologize if this is a repeat post..

To me, my main concern is my axle gears, I do not want to pull a heavy load on the coast side of my gears If the vehicle is just hi-centered and only little tug is needed, honestly doesn't matter. If the stuck vehicle is really stuck, assuming you have a low pinion rear axle since almost all factory axles are, I would pull from the rear (in drive not reverse) that way my gears will be on the drive side of the teeth which will have a greater percentage of engagement, hence stronger.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
The only thing I use a chain for is anchoring for the winch, it will be a constant load. And I'm pretty sure my truck will rip in half before the chain I use for that breaks.

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
Bubba rope is what 90% of the guys up here use, and big tow straps for like semis and stuff. 30-50K lbs if I remember correctly. But we get some serious stuck up here and need it. For the most part though they try to pull away but its mainly the lead guy who gets stuck and then we either have to turn around or try to get around to the front of the person who is stuck. Also, If youre ANYWHERE inside the radius of the strap/chain/rope, get the heck out. And always be cautious of that thing snapping and taking out your back glass (had that happen in not my current truck but before) and even if its not the strap that snaps, it could be whatever its hooked to on the other vehicle that breaks.