Towing a stuck vehicle?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tscherbi

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I tow facing away from them with my rear bumper because I dont have a whole lot of faith in our tow hooks, or our front end strength (tie rods, ball joints, axle shafts, diifs). And I have a stretch rope so I go bumper to bumper and I freakin mash it. Usually works good

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Is a stretch rope the same as a Bubba Rope?

tscherbi

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This is 100% truth, best way to use a tow strap, as long as you have a good one made of nylon and the stitches on the loop of the strap are good.

I dont agree with the strap, I use a stretch rope that almost doubles in length, and there is no harsh hit when you hit the end of it

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
most of the time i HAVE to use my hitch because i dont have tow hooks i have pushplate for my plow and can never find my shackles that go in them and i dont really like putting a strain on my tranny in reverse

Chris.G.Jr.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i pulled a little scion xb behind me for like 15 miles and i told the dude that he was gonna have to hook the tow rope up the his car bc i didnt wanna be liable for damage, he wrapped it around the radiator support and everytime i would go it bent it (his fault) then i pulled a guys car out of mud had the back of his car hooked to the front of mine with tow rope, pulled it back then went around and hooked it to the back of my truck and the front and pulled him out. pretty sure the owner of the field i went into to pull him out wasnt very happy to find tracks the next day. oh heres the story, the guy had been runnin from the county sheriff and ditched his car then it rained and washed his car into the field, when we got it out the sheriff showed up just as we were leaving and we got lucky!