Time for a SAS!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The big beast!

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ummm. not trying to steal the thread here... but i JUST turn 18 january 31, the day of my birthday, i bought my newest truck . 2004 silverado fully loaded. and i also own a 1990 chevrolet c1500, that im rebuilding. And i pay everything myself, mommy and daddy dont help me. Yes, i may live at home... but my toys are bought myself...

lets not bash people cause their age, this site is the best for people not bashing people, unlike other forums... lets keep it that way
that's awesome man, good for you! I work hard aswell to pay for my toys and I don't live with my parents!

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
Okay so for the SAS info I do know offroaddirect.com makes a 4-link swap kit. It's about $1,300 or so for the kit. After that you will still need front axle, shocks, coils, tires, sterring set up, and a 14b if you don't have one already. With the coil set up I know it is pricier and if you are paying a shop to do the work it will go up more in price.

If you want to save some money SAS with leafs still gives you a solid platform to start with when wheeling and driving on the road. I get plenty of flex with having leafs and I like that it feels more sturdy going down the road unlike coils witch roll and are a more cushy ride. But just do plenty of research and you will find something you like

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
I honestly hate all the hate on younger kids on this forum. Going to a school with over 3 thousand kids I'll be the first one to agree that most of them are screw balls but there are always kids that were raised right and do have good values. Most of them on this site seem to be that way. I'm 18 currently and I came from a very wealthy family that is involved in business and politics but I don't have an amazing huge house and my dad never bought me a Benz to drive to school. I was just raised differently than that.

Like I said, I'm currently 18 and I've been a G6 certified welder since I was 16. I work full time during school and even longer hours during the summer. I make over $25 an hour and I have more invested in my business than most school principals make in a year. I'm not bragging I'm just trying to say some young people get it and work hard to achieve success later on in life.

Age should have no effect on credibility.

92Sierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I honestly hate all the hate on younger kids on this forum. Going to a school with over 3 thousand kids I'll be the first one to agree that most of them are screw balls but there are always kids that were raised right and do have good values. Most of them on this site seem to be that way. I'm 18 currently and I came from a very wealthy family that is involved in business and politics but I don't have an amazing huge house and my dad never bought me a Benz to drive to school. I was just raised differently than that.

Like I said, I'm currently 18 and I've been a G6 certified welder since I was 16. I work full time during school and even longer hours during the summer. I make over $25 an hour and I have more invested in my business than most school principals make in a year. I'm not bragging I'm just trying to say some young people get it and work hard to achieve success later on in life.

I undertsand what you're saying. its nice to know theres people out there that appreciate money because they actually work for it! I work 7 days a week usually (very full days/nights in the summer) on my dads dairy farm. I may have a lot of money into my truck but did I ever work for it.

[/QUOTE]that's awesome man, good for you! I work hard aswell to pay for my toys and I don't live with my parents![/QUOTE] keep up the research and parts pile and ignore anyone who tells you you cant do the swap lol

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

You are one of very few, you may not be an idiot like most, but the sterotype is still there, and many on this forum prove it, you obviously are much different and work for what you have and know the value of a dollar is.

WFO4X4

Banned
Reaction score
i truly think it was completely taken out of context. us older guys, simply pass advice on about mistakes we all make as adults. why on earth would someone be upset at the advice of "don't blow your money on something that is less valuable in the long run than something like your education" hell, i can't tell you how many times i bitched at my old man for saying the same thing, now i wish i had listened to him. when you guys get old and wore out like us old ******** you'll say the same thing. and they won't listen either. it's not about sterotype. i've read this thread from the start and i don't see where the bashing supposedly took place outside of me cracking jokes about hunting moose and canadians being communists..... which was OBVIOUSLY a joke. why doesn't everyone just let the bullshit go and get back on track. and congrats to everyone who's been successful at an early age. and all those who were successful at a later age.

astewart1995

ImAwesome
Reaction score

exactly. im 17 and ive paid every dime for my truck. i dont like relying on others or having my parents spent money on things they dont have too. looking forward to seeing were this thread will go, i have a SAS in my plans for this summer.

eck95z71

Hightech Redneck
Reaction score
It seems like half of the OBS scene is now goin to SAS..mine is on hold for a couple years until my restaurant sees better profit numbers. I salute anyone, regardless of age, who has put in the dedication and work ethic that many of the younger members here have. I owned my first business when I was 16, designing and installing underground irrigation on bean fields, without the help of my parents. Not tooting my own horn but people don't give "kids" credit. Just be smart and invest your money wisely, do the SAS and do it right, but remember that you will surely see some headaches like dirtyhick said and plan for them. Good luck!