Time for a SAS!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
it can be done for not that much... my budy sasd his obs hoe for around 3k or i could be wrong but still not near 10k. depends what axles new wheels and tires etc and read a lot thats what ive been dooing still planning for mine down the road one day. ffinding deals is what helps too and weather your going to d60 up front or d44

Last edited:

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
If you are truely worried about price just look for deals. I did my whole swap for less than an ifs kit would cost.

silver97

Reaction score
I have a Ford Dana 60 in my garage and was thinking about converting my k2500 suburban to a front solid axle. I changed my mind though. The cost to regear and rebuild the axle plus all the suspension/steering parts is too much. I only drive mine on the beach in the outer banks anyway. I am going to throw some 33's on it and let it ride. Any body want to buy a Dana 60?

The big beast!

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a Ford Dana 60 in my garage and was thinking about converting my k2500 suburban to a front solid axle. I changed my mind though. The cost to regear and rebuild the axle plus all the suspension/steering parts is too much. I only drive mine on the beach in the outer banks anyway. I am going to throw some 33's on it and let it ride. Any body want to buy a Dana 60?
Where do you live?

The big beast!

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oh cool! Well I'm flying out there on the 2nd till the 7th for a job interveiw, and then I'm moving out there in in April

canuckz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice man we'll have to have a meet with some other sask members (i think there is a few) sometime this summer

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
Or next year you will realize paying for your own stuff doesn't leave money for motor swaps and sas's when you are 18.

Ummm. not trying to steal the thread here... but i JUST turn 18 january 31, the day of my birthday, i bought my newest truck . 2004 silverado fully loaded. and i also own a 1990 chevrolet c1500, that im rebuilding. And i pay everything myself, mommy and daddy dont help me. Yes, i may live at home... but my toys are bought myself...

lets not bash people cause their age, this site is the best for people not bashing people, unlike other forums... lets keep it that way