The Stupid Electronics Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlackBeauty

No I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Does anyone know what fuse number on the dash panel the "dinger" is for when you leave your lights on?? My buddy has a '95 GMC and when he leaves his parklights on in the morning his truck dings when he pulls the key, same with my dads '02 Denali, mine does nothing

vervepipes

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Does your truck even have a "dinger"? Mine didn't, so I pulled one out of a parts truck. In the driver's footwell where accessory wiring and relays plug into there is a large (maybe 1" thick by 2 or 3 inches wide by 3 or 4 inches long) black module that plugs right into the accessory panel. It is a plug and play unit, the sound comes right from this dinger. Check that first.

Edit: My truck is a '98 and the donor was a '95, I don't know what years interchange as even the accessory box was a bit different between the two, but GM loves using the same parts on everything, so any year should work. Try your buddy's or your Dad's dinger before you assume it's the fuze

Last edited:

TruckinAin4Sissies

L.E.D. Whisperer
Reaction score
Does anyone know what fuse number on the dash panel the "dinger" is for when you leave your lights on?? My buddy has a '95 GMC and when he leaves his parklights on in the morning his truck dings when he pulls the key, same with my dads '02 Denali, mine does nothing

I removed mine because IT'S ANNOYING! If you want it you can have it, just pay the shipping.
PM me if you're interested

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Most GM chime modules are about the size of a pack of cigarettes. They are usually located right above the gas pedal. Not 100% sure were they are on the GMT400's, but that where most delco units are!

vervepipes

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Most GM chime modules are about the size of a pack of cigarettes. They are usually located right above the gas pedal. Not 100% sure were they are on the GMT400's, but that where most delco units are!

they are close to the driver's kick panel on these trucks, against the firewall. Can't find my camera, think my 2 year old hid it from me.

lil98chevy

Reaction score
im putting in sub in my 98 estended cab and theres not a place in the back of the radio for rcas? where do they go???

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
im putting in sub in my 98 estended cab and theres not a place in the back of the radio for rcas? where do they go???

Just as Shawn said, your OE radio does not have RCA output's on the back of it. However if you have a decent amp, that will allow you to run high level inputs, then you can tap into your speaker wires for your amps signal.

vervepipes

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Cheap aftermarket decks don't always have RCA either, read the box to make sure it does. My '98 came with an aftermarket deck when I bought it, but to install my sub I had to pull it out and install another deck I already owned that had the RCA