The Stupid Electronics Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
Ok, I remember seeing these somewhere, but don't remember where, and don't know what they're called.

They were for mounting between your door and your speaker, they looked a little like a bowl. They were supposed to make the sound go out into the vehicle better, and also protect the back of the speaker. Anyone know what I'm talking about? They seem like they would be fairly cheap, and a worthwile thing for me to get, because my speakers make more noise outside my truck than I would like, even at lower volumes. Thanks.

T DOG

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anyone have some pics of what it looks like behind the door panel? I have some components I'm thinking about installing and I'm trying gauge how involved the install will be.

TruckinAin4Sissies

L.E.D. Whisperer
Reaction score
Stupid HID Question:
Let's say one were to install some HID's into a flood light. How would one wire it up to a switch inside (including a relay)?

98 gmc 4x4

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have a 98 gmc and i was wondering what are the factory front door speaker size is thanks for your help

eck95z71

Hightech Redneck
Reaction score
I have a 95 GMC and I pulled out the HVAC bulbs because I had one burnt out and now none of them will work. They are wired in unison with both power and negative wires to each connecter and bulb and I have replaced the bulbs and still nothing. Could this be a ground issue? If I was to splice in a 2nd ground wire would this cause more issues?