Stupid question about leds a transmissions.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oniontheoreo

Reaction score
So I have a stupid question, but I heard once that the leds lights can blow up ur transmission because the computer is looking for the resistance. I know the front lights would be blinding to other ppl. And of they do need a resistor, do they led lights come w/ one. And or do the actual housings that have led turn sigs. have good enough resistor. Also please don't be an ******* about it. There going on a 97 yukon.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
So I have a stupid question, but I heard once that the leds lights can blow up ur transmission because the computer is looking for the resistance.

I've been here for a long time and this might be one of the wildest claims I've ever read. I'd stop listening to whoever told you that.

Regarding resistors with the LEDs, that's going to depend entirely on what you buy and what you're trying to do with them. Some setups need resistors, some don't.

NickTransmissions

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I have a stupid question, but I heard once that the leds lights can blow up ur transmission because the computer is looking for the resistance. I know the front lights would be blinding to other ppl. And of they do need a resistor, do they led lights come w/ one. And or do the actual housings that have led turn sigs. have good enough resistor. Also please don't be an ******* about it. There going on a 97 yukon.
Who told you this? Or was this something you read somewhere? If so where? Please reply back with a link - we could use some good entertainment today.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That comment belongs in this thread.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been here for a long time and this might be one of the wildest claims I've ever read. I'd stop listening to whoever told you that.

Regarding resistors with the LEDs, that's going to depend entirely on what you buy and what you're trying to do with them. Some setups need resistors, some don't.
You're being far too charitable.
It's in the title...