The Stupid Electronics Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2003Xtreme

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anyone know if it is possible to take a climate control assembly from my 88 that has the NON max button and put one in from a later model WITH max button and it work? not quite sure what it does, but in my dads 92 it seems to make the blower kick on higher.. any help?

maxakabill

Reaction score
the max a/c setting just recirculates the air while the air conditioning is on. You would have the same effect if you had the a/c on and you manually set the climate control to recirculate the air. Its not actually going any faster, it just makes more noise because it is sucking air from underneath the dash.

2003Xtreme

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ok.. haha well I have another climate control switch laying around so you think it be worth swapping it out for the one with the max button or is it not a big deal?

ThatDrummerGuy95

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 97 Hoe LT with a sunroof. My dad was working on it a while back and he took the sunroof fuse out. Any idea where to put it back in. I can't find it in the manual.

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a 97 Hoe LT with a sunroof. My dad was working on it a while back and he took the sunroof fuse out. Any idea where to put it back in. I can't find it in the manual.

The sunroof is most likely an aftermarket add on, so finding the fuse may be a little more difficult. Depending on how it was installed, there may or may not be a fuse in the fuse box on the driviers side of the dash (facing the door). If all else fails, you can trace the wire(s) from the switch to their power source and the fuse should close!

NT LO ENF

Reaction score
When I turn my turn signal on to make a right turn. It makes that click when I turn right and turns the turn signal off. When I turn left. No click. It doesnt cancel the blinker. What do I need to change to cancel the left turn signal when I turn left? The turn signal lever? Or is there something in the steering column?

Whitehoe

The Big Bad Tahoe
Reaction score
ok i am wiring in a brake controller on my 95 and im on the last wire the stop switch one can anyone enlighten me on where the wire for this is? ive been under the dash a few times and have no idea where to even start

NT LO ENF

Reaction score
When I turn my turn signal on to make a right turn. It makes that click when I turn right and turns the turn signal off. When I turn left. No click. It doesnt cancel the blinker. What do I need to change to cancel the left turn signal when I turn left? The turn signal lever? Or is there something in the steering column?

I forgot to mention it's a 91 gmc

1BadBowtie

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just replaced the motor in my 98 Sierra. For some reason the driver side bank is running at 100 deg. and the passanger side is at 400 deg which is normal. Would reflashing the Computer help me out? I think whatever made the old motor blow up is still in the computer.