The Stupid Electronics Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blazin8556

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
a/c panel is flashing on my 90. a/c lines have been removed. i can still turn on the blower when it stops flashing and change the blend door. what causes it to flash. never seen this before.
the truck has been converted to carb and found that the ecm is missing. is it tied to that?

The Baron

I like drugs
Reaction score
My running light fuse keeps popping. I recently changed taillights to a different pair of stock lights. I also have a visor and LED halo rings wired into my running lights, and LED gauge lights. I'm trying to go through everything but does anyone know what could be causing it in the meantime?

Zanter22

Reaction score
Can someone please tell me what the little buttons to the left of my steering column do?
You must be registered for see images

It lights up this red light when I press the down button.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Can someone please tell me what the little buttons to the left of my steering column do?

It lights up this red light when I press the down button.
There's really no way to know unless we were there in person

1sickcrewcab

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anyone know why after I installed 1157 led parking bulbs in front, why now my led turn arrows stay on inside truck?? When I installed bulbs the right way in socket and then turn park lights on there not that bright. But when I turn bulbs around the wrong way they get way brighter but with both ways of flipping bulbs, the inside arrows stay on no matter what. Any ideas?? Led bulbs are from ebay if that helps.

Pierce

Reaction score
I installed led switchbacks and when all the lights are on they light up white and when I give a signal the amber comes on and flashes but the white stays on and just washes them out. I also installed an led relay so there is not hyper flash. Im just wondering if there is a way to get the white to go out when signaling so that the amber can actually be seen.

7Cincinnatus

Reaction score
I cannot turn back my key from the run position. I do not have power for my radio, heater, windows, PSOM, or wipers. However if I pull down on my steering wheel power is restored for as long as I hold that position. My deduction is that a wire is sheared or pinched. Is there a way to access wiring without pulling the wheel?

Many thanks

92 K1500