The Stupid Electronics Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mackguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So among things I'm learning about my new Suburban, apparently there's supposed to be a 4x4 warning light, and a DRL indicator light on the dash. My DRLs appear to work, but there's no light on the dash, and I don't see a 4wd warning upon startup (I do see the "security" and a few others).

Are there just bulbs for the warning lights that need to be replaced, or is it more of a project?

mackguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So among things I'm learning about my new Suburban, apparently there's supposed to be a 4x4 warning light, and a DRL indicator light on the dash. My DRLs appear to work, but there's no light on the dash, and I don't see a 4wd warning upon startup (I do see the "security" and a few others).

Are there just bulbs for the warning lights that need to be replaced, or is it more of a project?

As a follow up when DRLs are on, should the gauges and such light up? On mine the headlights are on, and the orange shift indicator light is on, but none of the other dash lights.
Is this normal or is something amiss.

inthechateau

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I finally get to hook up a CB radio in my 98 K1500. I've had CB's in a lot of different vehicles over the years but never had on that would stumble when you key the mike to transmit. I have good grounds all around, antenna cable not close to the ECM or nothing. I'm stumped on this one.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
As a follow up when DRLs are on, should the gauges and such light up? On mine the headlights are on, and the orange shift indicator light is on, but none of the other dash lights.
Is this normal or is something amiss.

Nope. When the DRL's are on, you're dash lights aren't.

beardeddummy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anyone know what kinda of amp I would need to run 4 components and a small sub. All I really know about is mono amps