The Stupid Electronics Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
This is my first post to this forum so please excuse if I'm asking a repetitive question.
I have a 95 C1500 and I'm Sure this been asked a few times but i haven't seen it, any way, my gas gauge bounces around while driving (accelerating, slowing down, turning) it also points way to the right when it has a full tank. Is this a gauge problem or a sender problem? My old 2000 silverado would only show the right fuel amount when you put it in neutral while driving. What have y'all come up with as the problem and fix?
Mine is the EXACT same

ridin_low07

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
QUick question. I have a 98 rcsb with power locks manual windows. Do the mirrors/windows have their own seperate wiring harness? Or can I just splice in?

carluvr

Reaction score
1996 Suburban: Does anyone know what would cause the dash illumination for the rear wiper, rear hatch release, and 4x4 switch to quit working all at once? Thanks in advance.

Shawn

MrCTS

Reaction score
Trying to re-run the wires back to where they belong on the transmission and transfer case. I have a lead (what I'm calling a lead is a long grouping of wires with several ends) that looks like it would be long enough and has the correct plugs.

My question is: This lead has the round connection for the tranny on it. Is this lead have all the correct connectors? And does anyone have a trick for running this with the cab on, short of cutting a hole in the floor?

I have a 97 Silverado Z71 with the transmission out of a 96 GMC Sierra Z71

Last edited:

D_EATON

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
okay guys trying to figure out my ac on my 90 k1500, My compressor, dryer, all new with good vacuum pulled b4 charging. air worked great for a few weeks and now much clutch wont engage on my compressor thats brand new. no power goin to the switch when the ac should be on, so i traced the wire back and it went inside thru the fire wall and to the computer and i have no power with my test light, does this mean the computers bad?

the switch on compressor to engage clutch
You must be registered for see images attach

the plug in the dash and green wire is same one from switch, no nics in wire or bare spots to short out!

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
okay guys trying to figure out my ac on my 90 k1500, My compressor, dryer, all new with good vacuum pulled b4 charging. air worked great for a few weeks and now much clutch wont engage on my compressor thats brand new. no power goin to the switch when the ac should be on, so i traced the wire back and it went inside thru the fire wall and to the computer and i have no power with my test light, does this mean the computers bad?

the switch on compressor to engage clutch

the plug in the dash and green wire is same one from switch, no nics in wire or bare spots to short out!

Are you wiring a house?

D_EATON

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
no just had to untape all the wires to trace the one back and see why its not getting power "ex broken or burnt wire. The wire nut was just temporary so i could put power to switch and make sure my clutch would actually engage.