The Stupid Electronics Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MYT HI

LOUD AND PROUD
Reaction score
How about this. I wanna take door speakers off my 97 parts truck and somehow mount them into my 94 style doors? Can I put them somewhere to sound good and look factory?

Sent from my 350 TBI powered iPhone

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Put um in the same place as they are in the 97¿

IOWNJUNK

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Lmao that had to have been detrimental lol

All the shocks had holes drilled in the bottom to let the oil out so they weren't functional. You didn't notice them there except for the noise, sounded like a bicycle dragging a drum set down the road.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
How about this. I wanna take door speakers off my 97 parts truck and somehow mount them into my 94 style doors? Can I put them somewhere to sound good and look factory?

get the speakers some wiring, and the netting looking round thing from the donor doors, cut a hole in your inner door panel and douter door panel, mount the netted speaker grille and intall the speaker, then run your wiring.

MYT HI

LOUD AND PROUD
Reaction score
So I screwed something up (what's new lol) in my power lock system. I wired in a relay for the keyless system I was trying to get to work, never did so I ripped it out. Now my locks will not work with out that relay. It did before but won't now. Any clue on why this happened?

Tbbroder

Reaction score
I posted this earlier in electrical but maybe it'll do better here. I have a 99 c2500 regular cab. It currently has manual windows and locks. I was reading up on how to switch over to power windows and locks and it seems that I need the harness, lock actuators, and window motors out of each door as well as the door panels. Once I get these parts would they be compatible with my convenience center and then what has to be done to add oem keyless?

jimtim

Reaction score
This is my first post to this forum so please excuse if I'm asking a repetitive question.
I have a 95 C1500 and I'm Sure this been asked a few times but i haven't seen it, any way, my gas gauge bounces around while driving (accelerating, slowing down, turning) it also points way to the right when it has a full tank. Is this a gauge problem or a sender problem? My old 2000 silverado would only show the right fuel amount when you put it in neutral while driving. What have y'all come up with as the problem and fix?