The Stupid Electronics Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CJ91C1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
is there a way to convert my alternator on my 91 c1500 to a one wire im finishing up my carb swap now

Mangonesailor

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
OK guys, I have a question on wire routing. Here's what's going on.

Truck had an aftermarket stereo that "didn't work." I pulled it and found the CD tray had a penny jammed in it and a quarter bouncing around on the board. I'm guessing he board is shot. Not the point though.

I decided to verify power was getting to the radio and sure enough the Continuous 12V wire shows 0 when grounded. I have 12V switched power though. I checked the courtesy fuse and it's not blown (visually and noting the interior lights were on). I checked voltage at fuse and I have 12.5, so, plenty. I checked continuity from the fuse to the 12V CON at the stereo plug and have no continuity. So, I have a broken or unplugged wire. So, I took some of the dash apart and had a peak. I cannot find, ANYWHERE, where that wire is coupled into the rest of the circuit to check it. Does anyone know where it branches off of the fuse? Is it at the fuse or in the harness? I will be able to pull the dash tomorrow morning-ish probably before I get my new wheels and tires installed.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
I dont think the radio runs off the CTSY circut

sent from my outdated S3

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
I could be wrong but i had this same exact problem in my 97 and the radio fuse was blown

sent from my outdated S3

Mangonesailor

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I could be wrong but i had this same exact problem in my 97 and the radio fuse was blown

sent from my outdated S3

Winner winner! I could've sworn I looked at every fuse in that panel. Anywho, yes, "Radio Batt" was blown. Harness has 12v battery power. Harness adapter has 12V switched and battery power. CD player, 1,500-ish Ohms across the circuits and it won't turn on... so I have a toasted deck. Kids...

Thanks!