The Stupid Electronics Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kamokevin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Reaction score
Looking for some help with the dome light. As we all know the dome light stays on for about 30 seconds after shutting the door. I'm wondering why it does this; what is it hooked up to?

Can I rewire it to just the door jamb switch so that it turns on when the door is open and off as soon as the door closes?

Ruger_556

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looking for some help with the dome light. As we all know the dome light stays on for about 30 seconds after shutting the door. I'm wondering why it does this; what is it hooked up to?

Can I rewire it to just the door jamb switch so that it turns on when the door is open and off as soon as the door closes?

Mine doesn't... Maybe it changed with interior? :think:

GMC Burbalade

Busy slacking
Reaction score
I know nothing about car audio wiring.

I've pulled the the speakers, amp, sub, headunit, and a good chunk of the wiring harness from a 2000 Escalade. With the wiring diagrams I've found combined with the harness, it looks like I only need to run six more wires from the amp to the dash area where the current wires are, and one power line to the amp. My question is, where's the best place to pull power from for the amp?

83GMCK2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Western WA from Eastern WA, aka the wet side from

There is an accessory/lighting delay module located under the dash, will get full name/location for you later. They caaaan go out and are replaceable. I am unsure as to how it is wired, i.e. what all goes into and out of it. You can disable it with the dome override button, I know that.

GMC Burbalade

Busy slacking
Reaction score
Looking at the diagram again, it looks like it pulls off Fuse 13 (cig lighter) on the fuse block from the factory. That seems odd to me but again I'm no expert on the matter.

kamokevin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Reaction score
Mine doesn't... Maybe it changed with interior? :think:

I wouldn't doubt it. Wasn't always a feature in GM vehicles until a certain point. Now I think it's a pretty standard thing.

There is an accessory/lighting delay module located under the dash, will get full name/location for you later. They caaaan go out and are replaceable. I am unsure as to how it is wired, i.e. what all goes into and out of it. You can disable it with the dome override button, I know that.

That would be helpful, thanks

Lordkay972

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Saw this picture on a different forum
You must be registered for see images

It looks like his a/c controls are blue instead of green! Anyone know if it's a mod or if I can buy this somewhere? It would look awesome with. My gauges and match the theme of my truck!

I'd also like to find the blue radio controls, if that's a thing.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Saw this picture on a different forum

It looks like his a/c controls are blue instead of green! Anyone know if it's a mod or if I can buy this somewhere? It would look awesome with. My gauges and match the theme of my truck!

I'd also like to find the blue radio controls, if that's a thing.

Why does he have 2 stereos? Lol