The Stupid Electronics Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IOWNJUNK

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here's my stupid question. Found this replacing my broken door handle.
You must be registered for see images attach

Door only has one speaker, maybe 1" in diameter in front of the window/lock switches. I had something rattling in the door a few months ago and pulled out a plastic cover that said "clarion" on it, no clue what I did with it. Not sure if there is another inside the pass door. Just wondering what it does.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
That's a crossover for separate highs and lows.

X2. It came with a set of aftermarket speakers and decides which frequency ranges to go the woofer or tweeter respectively.

Reaction score
Okay, so I have two 55 watt halogen lights on top of my custom backrack, right now theirs a switch understeering wheel. I am wanting to go to a stock lock.
I got a another relay, after doing the 4 hi mod, I also grabbed a cargo light swtich from a local auto salvage yard.

Would the wiring for switch be as simple as the 4 hi mod for the relay?
I have the 85, 86, 87, 30 relay.
#85 - ground
#30 - fuse box, inline fuse. (the 4 hi is going to the battery already)
#86 - to the switch?
#87 - to the lights?

would it be that simple? am I wrong?

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yes it should be that simple, I think you need a 12 ga. wire to power the lights or larger. Just to be on the safe side I would use a 10 ga. Rememder all a relay is, is an eletro magnetic switch, so as long as the supply wire is large enough to carry the load, it will work fine. The ground wire, and switch wire can be smaller, because all they do is work the electro magnet switch.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Last edited: