Rough Country 6 inch installed!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Obviously he JUST installed this lift, I'm sure he's in the market for some tires, or has some already lined up to purchase.

There's nothing wrong with the body lift on there, it's just a 3" gap, I don't even mind seeing them unless it's on stock wheels and tires.

And that really isn't a personal attack, he's just stating that you're 14 and your generation might not be in to big lifts, which is mostly true for most kids, I haven't met many younger kids who DON'T like lowered Japanese crap.

And Dave, really badass truck man!
funny thing, mostly every kid around here wants a lifted diesel, i guess its just where you are at.
and the stock tire comment... we have a kid that goes to our school... his truck is chromed out and on stock wheels and tires with a body lift it looks like :puke:

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
LOl sorry about the bear thing man, and as for th epersonal attack, umm no why do you think I edited it? I figured it sounded like one so I took it out.

As rhamil said you never know, look at the new stupid tredns that come around and some I hate, donks, cali lean stuff or nc squat or whatever it is, back dragging front lifted.

I figured it was the new "in thing" I'm gettin old ya know not up to date on trends. As for being a tall lift and getting old, not for me. My old man trying to get in yes, me no. We had his 84 on 33's stock and then 4 inch lift and it needed bigger tires and more lift for me.

I figured you were like the many who bashes body lifts just because they aren;t finished IMO, meaning, bumpers raised, gaps covered and frame painted and hidden with step or something. It's been done plenty and is hard to notice when done right. For me I like it covered up and would like mine that way so I can try and pass it off as stock height to avoid the modified inspection sticker we have here, almost double the price of a reg. and very few places do it. Here anytime you lift body lift or frame it's modified sticker time.

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
LOl sorry about the bear thing man, and as for th epersonal attack, umm no why do you think I edited it? I figured it sounded like one so I took it out.

As rhamil said you never know, look at the new stupid tredns that come around and some I hate, donks, cali lean stuff or nc squat or whatever it is, back dragging front lifted.

I figured it was the new "in thing" I'm gettin old ya know not up to date on trends. As for being a tall lift and getting old, not for me. My old man trying to get in yes, me no. We had his 84 on 33's stock and then 4 inch lift and it needed bigger tires and more lift for me.

I figured you were like the many who bashes body lifts just because they aren;t finished IMO, meaning, bumpers raised, gaps covered and frame painted and hidden with step or something. It's been done plenty and is hard to notice when done right. For me I like it covered up and would like mine that way so I can try and pass it off as stock height to avoid the modified inspection sticker we have here, almost double the price of a reg. and very few places do it. Here anytime you lift body lift or frame it's modified sticker time.

i hate cali lean, truck has to be atleast leveled, the front can be a little lower, i cant stand body lifts without gap guards, bumpers raised, hitches raise to look like a stock one, i do like one of the trends... that would be the blacked out theme, to me it looks slick... and if saves time on polishing and stuff, the only thing i prefer a little chrome on is our show car... other wise im not a huge fan of it,
i cant stand body lifts usaully some i can other just no... im sure he will get bigger tires, but to me it will still need gap guards
me personally would never body lift something, unless it was a mud truck and i was tryin to stuff 44s on it without a sas

dave2662

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks everyone! me and mu bud are making some gap guards for both of our trucks soon and i am hung up on what to do for tires.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yea I like body lifts and I love my chrome, hate the blacked out crap. hate th elean, has to be as you said level or front down but not much.

92GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
looks good man! gap gaurds aint no big deal just get some bigger tires. maybe some 36x15.50s. not to big not to small!

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would think 37's or 38's maybe bigger, I know squeaky ran 36's on a body lift and some crank, you got a body lift and 6 inches, and I've saw guys run 40's on that combo before. To be safe and have some room to move for wheeling I think 37's or so.