Rough country 6" lift extra parts? Problems? (2500/3500)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KansasOBS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey all,

Im not super worried about it, though kicking myself for not just going with a solid axle swap, but I was wondering has anyone done anything with the mystery parts in the 2500 6" lift? They're not in the instructions, so I emailed RC, and they said they were for transfer case support, but that makes no sense at all, and even if they did fit on there some way, it seems pretty stupid to solid mount the transfer case, while everything else is rubber mounted. Pic attached of brackets.

"That bracket you are referring to is the rear trans damper bracket. It will mount from transfer case to torsion bar cross member"...is what they said.

Also, has anyone else done anything different with the length of the heim joins that support the steering bar extension? The length the instructions call for puts a lot of side pressure on the idler and pitman arm joints, and steering box. I cut the weld for the steering stabilizer mount, and tweaked it forward so it would clear the diff, but really the whole drop bar is engineered at a wrong angle.

Im not real happy with this janky RC kit. Engineered and supported by a bunch of clowns it seems.

Attachments

• 20231102_181132.jpg
    20231102_181132.jpg
    308.9 KB · Views: 5

mattillac

Lurker
Reaction score
I'd guess the large bracket you have pictured there may replace part number 6 here.

950330tc04-060-jpg.349502

This may be a pic of the original part in place.

img_5466-jpeg.349489

Above images are from this gmt400 thread here.