Rough Country 4" Leveling Kit Problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

red96C1500

Reaction score
I'm sure this has already been discussed but I have a 96 C1500 with the 4" spindle kit stated above. The issue I am having with the kit is the passenger side tire has a good bit of camber to it. Drivers side is perfectly straight up and down. I do not believe it is a bearing issue since there is no play. Im not completely ruling out a fault in the casting, but could it be a control arm issue? I measured the control arms and they are the same length.

ATXC1500

Reaction score
I'm sure this has already been discussed but I have a 96 C1500 with the 4" spindle kit stated above. The issue I am having with the kit is the passenger side tire has a good bit of camber to it. Drivers side is perfectly straight up and down. I do not believe it is a bearing issue since there is no play. Im not completely ruling out a fault in the casting, but could it be a control arm issue? I measured the control arms and they are the same length.
I just did the spindle 4” kit and my factory 15s are rubbing at the 12 o’clock position. Is that you’re problem? Idk what to do. Ordering spacers but I think the alignment may be too screwed to drive even with spacers. Please let me know what works for your issue.

red96C1500

Reaction score
I just did the spindle 4” kit and my factory 15s are rubbing at the 12 o’clock position. Is that you’re problem? Idk what to do. Ordering spacers but I think the alignment may be too screwed to drive even with spacers. Please let me know what works for your issue.
I’m not gonna lie I completely forgot about this thread. I did have that issue and all I did was I ground down the spindle just enough so that I could at least turn and it not scrape. I wasn’t too worried about it making it unsafe because those spindles are super thick and taking that little material off is not going to be unsafe. I don’t personally trust spacers or adapters on the front wheels just because of what I’ve seen happen with low quality parts or bad installs.

The issue I have right now is my front passenger is cambered. I’m gonna end up just completely tearing down the front end and going with a different kit and just replacing all wheel bearings just to be on the safe side. As of right now they are fine but I’d rather just replace them with it apart. Sorry I couldn’t have been more help.