Rough Country 6 inch installed!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dragit

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I printed the manual off and read it a few times. I got a guestion about the holes u drill in the upper bracket. How do u get to the back side of the frame to put the nuts on? And what's the deal with that crush tube thing?

dave2662

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
when you drill thru the frame there is a hole in the frame on the other side and what do you mean by the crush tube thing?

Dragit

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The manual says after you drill the holes for the top bracket to put this tube in one of the holes that was already there then flip the bracket down on it I guess then install the washers and bolts? Im not really sure what its for just know they call it a crush tube.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
that is so when you crank down the bolt that goes thru it you do not crush in the sides of the frame.

Dragit

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Also I don't wanna ask a million guestions but if its not to much trouble could u snap a pic of what u did to ur down pipe to make I clear the drive shaft. Was wondering what I could do. Thanks

dave2662

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
ill try to snap a pic tomorrow. its 2 inch piping i cut the pipe and welded in some little extensions right short of where the bends are. and i think the crush tubes are just the little metal tubes that go through the hole in the frame to hold it in place.

squeaky3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
man looks great

i really want a 6" lift but i already have the 3" body and i have 35s that are fairly new and i dont wanna brand new tires again but the 35s look a lil small