rough country 3 inch suspension?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dave

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can call Superlift and see if you can get the bolts or just go to a hardware store and get some grade 8 bolts.

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
As long as you can take several trips to the store, i'd go that route. Pick up the shocks you want instead of whatever they decide comes in the kit. Win/win.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The diff. drop helps the bad cv angles the cranking causes, upper control arms help the upper ball joint angles, and then lowering the diff. help the lower ball joints as well i think, but NOTHING helps the tie rod end angles.
Dropping the front diff does not help the lower balljoint angles any. The LCA still stays mounted in the factory spot.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i have 33x12.50 tires, the t-bars are cranked 3/4 of the way up, i have about an inch of suspension travel at the most, all suspension parts are stock, the truck sits a little to the back....and i mean barely, its more level than squatting
Only real option for a smoother ride is to decrank some. Though if your UCA are hitting the drop stops on downtravel then you can do a balljoint flip to gain a little more. This wont make it ride any smoother but will take some of the harshness away.

yeeeep, def. stayin away from that one....the only other option i have other than buying a new 6 inch is buying my buddy's superlift 6 inch kit, but it needs shocks and bolts, can you order just a bolt kit?
Not sure if you can order just a bolt kit, might be possible but if not download the install instructions and it will have a parts list with all the bolts listed. Should be able to get them all in one stop, get lock nuts also.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I thought the lower control arms mounted to a bracket made on the diff or something, if not then heck yea it's an even worse waste of time and money, bad lower bj angles and bad tie rod angles.

gmcz71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
thats the idea i had, find the bolts at the hardware store, it would be cheaper for sure, but everyone ive talked to so far kinda frowned on the idea, wouldnt buying the highest grade bolt i can find be ok? and then as for locknuts, i was looking at a lift before and they have an oval looking locknut, what type is that, would a hardware store have it, and if not would regular locknuts work?

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
thats the idea i had, find the bolts at the hardware store, it would be cheaper for sure, but everyone ive talked to so far kinda frowned on the idea, wouldnt buying the highest grade bolt i can find be ok? and then as for locknuts, i was looking at a lift before and they have an oval looking locknut, what type is that, would a hardware store have it, and if not would regular locknuts work?

Are you referring to the caster washers for the upper control arms? Those are for alignment purposes. I re-used my stock ones, but I have seen lift kits that come with new ones.

gmcz71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
im not sure what they are, ive never seen them before, they go around the head of the bolt, so i guess thats what they are

gmcz71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
sounds good, im gonna go look at whats missing from the lift, if its just shocks and bolts, ill make a list of hardware, then go get prices and find out if it would pay off or if i should buy new