rough country 3 inch suspension?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gmcz71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
does anyone have this lift? im looking into it, would like some reviews/pics, did it make ride quality worse over cranking stock keys? make cv angles worse? etc.

gmcz71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
because i find body lifts are hideous and the frame already shows enough. plus im trying to keep the level look but eliminate the horrible ride quality and wear and tear on the front end, if i hit a pothole the front end comes off the ground

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why not go with the 4" kit and decrank it to 3". You will get a good ride and angles with the adaptability to go to a 6" if you want to in the future.....

thered95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i would also like to know about this lift. i do not want a fill 4 because i have a plow.

gmcz71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
because i cant afford a 4 inch, its 3 inch or stay crappy haha. im doing my build on a minimum wage budget while im in college, and the truck is my daily driver, plus it kills a few birds with one stone, because my shocks are worn and starting to make noise (def. the shocks making the noise, i checked). and i have pretty bad cv angles, and a horrible ride quality

Last edited:

gmcz71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
and as for angles the 3" kit comes with a differential drop to correct cv angles, RC says that its designed to give the leveled look while helping ride quality and performance.....you can also get it with a steering stabilizer

i guess what my question is, does it actually live up to these claims? or does it ride like crap just like cranking the stock keys?

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
and as for angles the 3" kit comes with a differential drop to correct cv angles, RC says that its designed to give the leveled look while helping ride quality and performance.....you can also get it with a steering stabilizer

i guess what my question is, does it actually live up to these claims? or does it ride like crap just like cranking the stock keys?

I would hope it ride better than cranking due to the diff drop. That's what is giving the lift and keeping the angles in check. Your bars should go back to their stock position so it should ride like stock I guess....

Edit: you guys know you can call rcx and order just the front part of the 4" kit right? If I ever do lift mine that's what i'm gonna do since I don't want blocks or add a leads on the rear....

gmcz71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
no, it comes with different tortion keys, and i believe thats what gives the lift, the differential drop just makes the cv angles better......if you arent using blocks are add-a-leafs, what are you lifting the rear with?

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Kit is a waste of money. Only drops the front diff. small bandaid to help CV angles. Torsion bars are still cranked, balljoints are still at there limits along with the TRE and idler/pitman arms. There is no correction for the steering. Have heard from a couple people that have tried lift that the upper controls arms werent any help either, just allows for more crank.