rough country 3 inch suspension?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gmcz71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
no right now im stock with just the stock keys cranked, and i cant afford a 6 inch lift, i need a fix now, the ride is terrible

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Smaller tires, no crank. Fixed.....

I'm sure that isn't what you want to hear though. Give us some more details about your current setup and maybe we can better help. It could be your bars are shot causing you to crank more than normal for just leveling....

Last edited:

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No this kit is nothing but a huge waste of time and money.

cranking the keys stiffens the ride, no way around it, stock keys, this kit or any other key.

Keys are worthless on these trucks the stock keys crank you to the bumpstops, you can NOT crank any further, and the ride is horrible once there, NO down travel at all. If your keys DO NOT get you this far your bars are sagging and NO key will help it will ONLY cause it to fail sooner. It will not correct the sag, won't raise it, won't keep the ride height at all if any.

The diff. drop helps the bad cv angles the cranking causes, upper control arms help the upper ball joint angles, and then lowering the diff. help the lower ball joints as well i think, but NOTHING helps the tie rod end angles.

This kit is nothing more then an overpriced crank, installing this kit does the eact same thing as cranking your stock keys, stiff ride bad angles, that's it. The only thing you are paying for is cranking the keys. The control arms diff. drop and ad a leafs are basically the only thing you are paying for worth anything and they aint helping much.

What good is having good cv angles and ball joint angles when the ride is stiff and the tie rod angles suck?

also what good is spending $500 on a kit that you can get the same lift for free?

Yes I know it helps the balll joints and diff cv's by buying the kit, and cranking has all the angles bad. SO. If you can't have all good angles the weakest point is gonna be what breaks first and always.

crank the stockers, flip the upper balljoints if ya like, body lift, use gap gaurds and raise the bumpers and use steps then no more ugly looking lift, if not save the money and buy the 4 inch kit it's the same as the 6 just w/o add a leafs.

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
no right now im stock with just the stock keys cranked, and i cant afford a 6 inch lift, i need a fix now, the ride is terrible

Yeah, I decided that because all of these things.. that I'd just decrank and live with a little bit of rake on my 33s. I'm good with it.

gmcz71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have 33x12.50 tires, the t-bars are cranked 3/4 of the way up, i have about an inch of suspension travel at the most, all suspension parts are stock, the truck sits a little to the back....and i mean barely, its more level than squatting

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
Either save up for a 4/6" lift, or leave it how it is. You could probably get away with decranking a bit too.

gmcz71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
i think ill resort to selling everything i own to buy a 6 inch :( anyone wanna buy a speaker box and speakers......and a paintball set......and a really fast dirtbike....lol

gmcz71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeeeep, def. stayin away from that one....the only other option i have other than buying a new 6 inch is buying my buddy's superlift 6 inch kit, but it needs shocks and bolts, can you order just a bolt kit?