Rider's '94 K1500 Ecsb aka "Vegas"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Heh im sure 4 6" hid off road lights will def get their attention!

Sure will, RCMP too....

Seriously, not to sound like your dad but besides being illegal, that's just plain irresponsible and may very well cause an accident similar to the one you were in yourself.

do you really want someone else to have that experience also?

I'll get off my soap box now....

blue_92_sierra

Aftermath
Reaction score
I know, people who normally roll around with there brights on hate me cause i turn on my brights and and give them a bigger dose of there own medicine :)

:lol: x2!!!!

From how it was explained to me I hit the pinto and glanced off it into the ditch, once my car hit the ditch it barrel rolled at least 6 times. I do not recall much after intial impact because I blacked out so im going by what people who saw it happen and then came to assist till emts arrived there told me...as well as what I read in my copy of the accident report.

Sent from my SGH-T959D using Tapatalk 2

Holy **** thats crazy man, some people are so stupid its not even funny! Driving drunk is retarded, but driving drunk with no lights is somethin else... Shouldnt have been driving in the first place! Idiots!

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Sure will, RCMP too....

Seriously, not to sound like your dad but besides being illegal, that's just plain irresponsible and may very well cause an accident similar to the one you were in yourself.

do you really want someone else to have that experience also?

I'll get off my soap box now....

I understand fully where you are coming from, I was mostly saying that as a joke given the worst I would ever do is tap the dimmer switch to give a quick flash of the highs. The only times I forsee actually using the big lights is in back roads when im the only one out there or to light up a site when responding to an alarm call at night.

:lol: x2!!!!

Holy **** thats crazy man, some people are so stupid its not even funny! Driving drunk is retarded, but driving drunk with no lights is somethin else... Shouldnt have been driving in the first place! Idiots!

Agreed, unfortunately he never got to learn from his mistake.

Sent from my SGH-T959D using Tapatalk 2

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Ok on a more positive note i have been pricing out more parts for the truck. Im fairly sure i know where to look to deal with the fueling issue.

The parts i priced out today:

Pro Comp Leveling kit (Keys and Blocks)
Nfab Rear Runner (light bar for rear bumper)
Nfab Light bar for front bumper.

Didnt get a price on the front bar because the distributor was closed today so the shop i was at couldnt get a price for me today. So what may wind up happening now in the rear of the truck is i will prob build a bumper similar to am92s but have no plate section in it so it will be square tubing straight across. If i go that route there is a very good chance it may double as an air tank or storage box. That or run the rear runner on the stock rear bumper. One or the other is gonna happen lol.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Ok on a more positive note i have been pricing out more parts for the truck. Im fairly sure i know where to look to deal with the fueling issue.

The parts i priced out today:

Pro Comp Leveling kit (Keys and Blocks)
Nfab Rear Runner (light bar for rear bumper)
Nfab Light bar for front bumper.

Didnt get a price on the front bar because the distributor was closed today so the shop i was at couldnt get a price for me today. So what may wind up happening now in the rear of the truck is i will prob build a bumper similar to am92s but have no plate section in it so it will be square tubing straight across. If i go that route there is a very good chance it may double as an air tank or storage box. That or run the rear runner on the stock rear bumper. One or the other is gonna happen lol.

Keys are waste on GMT400's, you can crank to the bumpstops with the stock keys.

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Valid point chris... Unfortunately like i said in the recognition thread earlier none of the shops here would touch my truck to do it via using the stock keys. Mostly due to them being worried about liability. And if i did the crank myself i may not be able to get it aligned after. So its for that reason im prob gonna run the keys. One other upgrade i keep bouncing back and forth is adding an intercooler to the truck there is a member on the truck stop im going to contact to see if i can get permission to post his pics here and convince him to join up but for now i leave this link on to show what system i may be using if i do go intercooled.

http://www.frozenboost.com/product_info.php?cPath=216&products_id=1034&osCsid=63e8d1b6ea558d33bd7a75267dbe4b3b

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Adjust the stock torsion bar arms (IE: keys) to where you want them and then get an alignment.

If you put the "rip off" aftermarket keys in you're still going to have to get an alignment done.

No matter which way you go, the z height is going to be out of spec and the shop is going to know. When the gm ifs is lifted by "cranking" or "keying" the torsion bars, the camber goes waaayyy positive. Tires go like so : \-/

Z height is what they measure to know if the truck is at stock ride height. It's the measurement between the center axis of the the lower control arm pivot to the bottom of the steering knuckle. I know, that's a bit hard to visualize so here a couple pictures:

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

As you can see in the first pic, there is no measurements at the torsion arm. It's adjusted however it's required to give the correct Z height.

Most shops won't crank the bars because it's a modification from stock. This means they are opening themselves up to litigation if something happens, like you drive off the road and flip your "ambulance chasing lawyer" can argue you lost control because they made the vehicle behave differently then OE by not adjusting it as per specifications. You can thank the millions of spineless assholes as ****** ambulance chasing lawyers looking for an easy buck for that....

If you show up with them already done and ask for them to adjust the camber and toe only, they don't have a problem with it as THEY haven't adjusted anything away from stock.

Oh yeah, if they say they won't crank the torsion bars but they will install modified torsion bar arms they're just trying to suck more money out of your pocket. They're F'n crooks if this is what's happening because either way they're modifying the vehicle out of OE spec and thus open to litigation in the advent of an accident and a ****** ambulance chasing lawyer...

One last thing: depending on your truck, you may or may not have the camber adjustment slots on the upper control arms points. If you don't, you have to buy a kit from gm and have the slots cut to adjust the camber. It's mostly the early GMT400's that need the kit.

Last edited:

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
This is a cut and paste from the derailed chat thread in the lounge....

i have a bit of a rant..this stems from all the remarks about t bar keys being useless. I understand and get what you guys are saying. Your reasons are valid. However the Rant is not aimed at any of you. This is more at the shops in this town that kinda force me into having to actually run the keys rather then cranking the stock ones myself. A lot of it is due to the liability issues thanks to idiots doing things wrong. Now due to this there is this attitude existing with shops nowadays. I have encountered it a few times when doing the brakes on my previous rides the attitude is this: "If you can supply the parts yourself you can do the work yourself" Or as it would be in this case. "If you can crank it yourself you can align it yourself i wont touch it." One of the shop owners i deal with for most of my stuff admits that this is partly the shop owners fault because some of them are dishonest enough to gouge customers. So Hes understanding why i bring my own parts in some times. In return on other jobs he gets to provide them when i cant get the right parts myself. I will be seeing him first when i do the lift on my truck. There is one other shop that has no problem with me supplying my own parts i will look at going to if the first shop cant do it. I am going to need to build up as much good karma as i can with these places especially when i do my rams suspension lift. If i piss either of them off by trying to get around some costs by doing the crank myself i might as well kiss doing that project good bye. As i explained to both Joshes (Jaws and Fastorange earlier) the so called off road shop here in town pretty much kicked me out of the shop just for even asking about doing a t bar crank. On the flip side sadly that shop is the only one i could go to for doing a full out lift and all he will sell me is a BDS lift, he wont even look at any other brands. And very few shops here in town will touch doing full on lift kits anymore. So in this situation i am working with what i have available to me in terms of options, and shops to rely on.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
This is a cut and paste from the derailed chat thread in the lounge....

i have a bit of a rant..this stems from all the remarks about t bar keys being useless. I understand and get what you guys are saying. Your reasons are valid. However the Rant is not aimed at any of you. This is more at the shops in this town that kinda force me into having to actually run the keys rather then cranking the stock ones myself. A lot of it is due to the liability issues thanks to idiots doing things wrong. Now due to this there is this attitude existing with shops nowadays. I have encountered it a few times when doing the brakes on my previous rides the attitude is this: "If you can supply the parts yourself you can do the work yourself" Or as it would be in this case. "If you can crank it yourself you can align it yourself i wont touch it." One of the shop owners i deal with for most of my stuff admits that this is partly the shop owners fault because some of them are dishonest enough to gouge customers. So Hes understanding why i bring my own parts in some times. In return on other jobs he gets to provide them when i cant get the right parts myself. I will be seeing him first when i do the lift on my truck. There is one other shop that has no problem with me supplying my own parts i will look at going to if the first shop cant do it. I am going to need to build up as much good karma as i can with these places especially when i do my rams suspension lift. If i piss either of them off by trying to get around some costs by doing the crank myself i might as well kiss doing that project good bye. As i explained to both Joshes (Jaws and Fastorange earlier) the so called off road shop here in town pretty much kicked me out of the shop just for even asking about doing a t bar crank. On the flip side sadly that shop is the only one i could go to for doing a full out lift and all he will sell me is a BDS lift, he wont even look at any other brands. And very few shops here in town will touch doing full on lift kits anymore. So in this situation i am working with what i have available to me in terms of options, and shops to rely on.

Well thats some BS, I thought businesses liked money. A normal tire and brake shop won't do an alignment for you?? How are they supposed to know you cranked the t-bars?