Rider's '94 K1500 Ecsb aka "Vegas"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fobroader

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Theres a buddy of mine whos kinda thinking of getting rid of the old family farm truck. Its a 96 K2500 regular cab, long box, 4x4, 5 spd manual with a 6.5 diesel. Im seriously tempted, its got 400+Km but its in fantastic shape. Lots of work done to it and meticulously maintained, Im kinda thinking a DD with better mileage for myself. Only thing that scares me.....the engine is OE, thats a lot of KM for anything.

blue_92_sierra

Aftermath
Reaction score
Theres a buddy of mine whos kinda thinking of getting rid of the old family farm truck. Its a 96 K2500 regular cab, long box, 4x4, 5 spd manual with a 6.5 diesel. Im seriously tempted, its got 400+Km but its in fantastic shape. Lots of work done to it and meticulously maintained, Im kinda thinking a DD with better mileage for myself. Only thing that scares me.....the engine is OE, thats a lot of KM for anything.
Those trucks last a long time, the only truck ny dad ever bought brand new was a 92 chevy 4x4 and he still has it today. Its got almost 710,000 kms and has only been rebuilt once! Ill try find a pic

blue_92_sierra

Aftermath
Reaction score
Here she is, i loved this truck when i was a kid and it looked so clean before the rust came! All hard miles and still original motor and trans although theyve been rebuilt once before
You must be registered for see images attach

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Thanks, i got it from a local parts store in town, midwest auto parts. Paid $325 i believe

Hmmm one of these days we may need to see if we can snag another one like it for that price!

Yea if these trucks are maintained they last a long ass time. My chassis has 490000+ KMs on it and my Engine is just over 400000. The only reason the original engine is out of the truck is because the oil cooler line came out and it spun a bearing due to oil starvation.

Here she is, i loved this truck when i was a kid and it looked so clean before the rust came! All hard miles and still original motor and trans although theyve been rebuilt once before

Looks to be in great condition other then the rust.

As for progress on this truck i managed to get this put together after i got out of physio today.

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
To Date i have purchased and/or installed the following:

New Starter
New PMD with Relocation kit
Used lift pump
4 6" HF lights (just bought from kyle last night)
LED kit (bought from bluex last night)
Compass/Temp mirror (bought from bluex last night)
Mechanical Fuel pressure gauge (bought and assembled with T fitting last night, to be installed today)
Detroit Diesel Badges (just bought)
Tool box (bought from coworker still to be installed)

JParker2012

Freedom isn't FREE
Reaction score
Nice those will look good man! I just run HIDs in my low beams and sylvania silverstars zxe 65W bulbs in my highs and for a non-HID bulb they kick ass!

Ha ha That is my exact same setup! I had a ****** bag rolling around town with his brights on once and I flashed him with my 4 high mod and he swerved, needless to say These lights are bright as Fauck!!!! :