Rider's '94 K1500 Ecsb aka "Vegas"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Well thats some BS, I thought businesses liked money. A normal tire and brake shop won't do an alignment for you?? How are they supposed to know you cranked the t-bars?

Because they are **** enough to look to see if there is a new key in there or not. Simple as that. It comes down to the fact that there have been too many idiots that have done **** wrong before me so they are wary of dealing with stuff like this. Basically if i lied and claimed that the PO had done the crank or fessed up to doing the crank myself said shop would insist on correcting it before even touching it for the alignment. at which point it would have been cheaper to just get the keys put in.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Because they are **** enough to look to see if there is a new key in there or not. Simple as that. It comes down to the fact that there have been too many idiots that have done **** wrong before me so they are wary of dealing with stuff like this. Basically if i lied and claimed that the PO had done the crank or fessed up to doing the crank myself said shop would insist on correcting it before even touching it for the alignment. at which point it would have been cheaper to just get the keys put in.

Soooo they think aftermarket keys do what? They are worried about the angle of the key itself affecting the safety of the truck?

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Soooo they think aftermarket keys do what? They are worried about the angle of the key itself affecting the safety of the truck?

That in itself could have a lot to do with it. Im mostly basing off of my experiences trying to get brake work done around here. I even breathe the idea of supplying my own parts i get freaked out on....Fortunately there is one shop that will prob do the install and alignment if i supply the entire kit and shocks. Either way im stuck putting the keys in but..its better then having to deal with a bunch of bull **** that ruins my interest in lifting it in the first place. Like i said..sure i may have to pay a little extra but given the job i plan on having done to my dodge..i have to keep the shops as happy as possible.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
With that kind of attitude, I'd say f**k 'em and drive the hour and a half to the Battlefords and have the work done there out of spite if nothing else.

Hell, I'd drive 3 hours to Edmonton or Saskatoon and make a week end out of it.

Jesus Christ I hate small town operators in remote locations.....they all think they have you over a barrel.

I'm stuck in Gander Nl and it's the same deal; small town (about 20,000) and every one of these ******** think they're doing you a favor by selling you a carton of milk for less than 20 bucks.

F'n crooks....all of 'em.

Lol - end rant I guess!

Last edited:

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
How things are looking at this point is this:

The truck will be trailered to a buddies place later this month to sort out this fueling issue once and for all. During this process the fuel gauge sending unit will be replaced with an upgrade part from pmdcable to get the fuel gauge working properly once more.

Then somethime during the next few months. More then likely mid aug as things are looking currently i will be buying the Pro Comp Leveling kit to lift the truck 2"

I will prob drive it for the next year to year and a half in this configuration and eventually upgrade to 285 or 315 tires during that time.

Then depending on how much off road use the truck actually sees it may receive a 6" lift kit in some form. If i stay local to get it it will prob be a BDS kit since no one will touch other brands which like GW i think is BS. So i may actually make that drive to Edmonton to get it set up with a different brand kit such as Fabtech or Procomp. The supplier im getting the Pro Comp lift from will bring in pretty much any brand kit i want to bring in. Just may be difficult to get it installed locally. So thats what the trip to Edmonton will prob be for. Make a weekend out of it perhaps. Chill out in the city while my truck becomes a beast lol.

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Serious changes in plans now that i have gone around town asking more questions about lift kits.

I did manage to find a shop that will crank up the stock keys to level my truck out. So that will prob happen very soon after its paid off. I will prob drive the truck in this configuration till i can afford to pick up a BDS lift kit for it. I will talk to the same shop that is doing the T bar crank for me to see if they will install the BDS kit and decrank it down to 4" rather then running at the full 6". One of the sites i go to frequently for work is a Parkade with limited ceiling height thus why i have been trying to avoid the 6" route. I have done some measuring in there however when i still had the headache rack on the truck and learned that i can lift it 7" safely without risk of hitting something overhead. Clearance gets tight but eh. This is why im going to see about setting up the kit at 4" rather then the full 6". This should give me a reasonable compromise allowing me to gain the clearance to run larger tires but still avoid slamming the trucks roof into something in the parkade.

I have also decided to run these rims with either 265/70R17 or 285/70R17 tires. Tires yet to be determined. Going to find out if the GT Radial MT tires i have looked at when i was looking at staying with 16s are available in either size.

You must be registered for see images attach

blue_92_sierra

Aftermath
Reaction score
Shes gonna look good with a lift and those wheels! If you can, run 285s, i love how they stick out and give the truck a cool offroad look

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
305's would be :boobs:

Ohhhhh i def agree there!

What i may wind up doing is rocking the 265s on the stock style 16s that im getting from the PO of my truck till next spring allowing me to save up for the Mayhem wheels and some 285 or 33x12.50R17 Nittos. I will make the final decision based on what i find out for prices on 285/70R17 GT Radials when i get a chance (i dont think the GT Radial im looking at is avalible in the 305 size)