Rear Drum to Disc Conversion kit questions.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not to mention that just holding one wheel doesnt necessarily stop the the other wheel from turning.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It does with a locker... Lol

Would it though? Not trying to nitpick I'm genuinely curious, not sure how lockers behave by default stopped and in park. I know with a spool if you held one side it would behave as you describe, but lockers do have the ability to unlock slightly when required.

84cj

Reaction score
I put a SF 14 bolt in my 97 this spring, I was going to install a disc brake kit as ALL of the drum brake parts needed replacing. I work at a repair shop and was noticing how many rear disc trucks need brake jobs (pads and rotors), stuck calipers, stuck slides. Than I got to thinking how many drum brake jobs do we do? Not a whole lot. Shoes last 3 times as long. Work well. It cost me about $200 to replace all drum parts with the exception of the backing plates. Disc brakes would be around $400 and require more maintenance. The 14 bolt brakes are noticeably better than the 10 bolt. Most noticeable when towing. So far, very pleased and happy I've stuck with my true and tried drums. :shrug:

Chris Rogers

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What rear end has the ABS sensors in the axle. thinking it was 07+ escalade myself . need to set up traction control on mine and need the 4 wheel sensors to do it.