Need schooled on rear flip kits!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95OBSMan

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
1995 RCSB 5.7 TBI 4L60E 10 bolt

Getting ready to pull the trigger on parts for a 4/6 drop... So looking at rear flips there are some different "styles" to them, e.g. some have a lower plate with axle bracket while others have lower plate, axle bracket and a top plate for what appears to be for the stock U-bolts, the ones without the top plate use a true shaped U-bolt which is placed on either side of the spring down over the axle?!

So... which is a better setup? Both seem to be obviously working on our trucks but why the difference in the orientation of the U-bolts?!

Whats the majority here thats been used as far as flip kits?
Thanks for any input and or info!!

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve got a flip that uses the true U shaped U bolts and a plate under the leaf pack. It was simple to install. Thats the only one I’ve used though.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Almost hard to visualize what your saying..may have to provide some pictures for those of us with no imagination!!! Lol
For the record, I have the Belltech kit. It has the correct pinion angle built into it, so no dealing with wedges. Comes with transmission spacer and shock extensions. The notch is beefy. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend that to you or anyone at all. Kinda been the standard for 30+ years.