Need advice on rear end.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sean Buick 76

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
In the long run it’s a good idea to find another rear end and build it. The G-80 are not too bad for light use however when they eventually wear out they become Gov bombs, as when they fail it makes a huge mess. I dont have the pics handy but when the G-80 expired in my Yukon there was nothing salvageable it literally exploded and ate everything in the rear end. I then swapped in an open diff with an aftermarket locker and it was a solid upgrade.

Astro

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
In the long run it’s a good idea to find another rear end and build it. The G-80 are not too bad for light use however when they eventually wear out they become Gov bombs, as when they fail it makes a huge mess. I dont have the pics handy but when the G-80 expired in my Yukon there was nothing salvageable it literally exploded and ate everything in the rear end. I then swapped in an open diff with an aftermarket locker and it was a solid upgrade.
Nice man, I'd like to know what the details are on your rear end setup if you don't mind and have the info. I'm not super well versed in them.

Thanks all for your advice. I will check those points when I dig into it. Man I know rear ends can get expensive!!!!