to flip or not to flip on a 1995 obs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95OBSMan

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've been checking out the forums here for awhile now and a butt load of info, knowledge, skill levels etc... can be found here which is freakn awesome!!! So here's the stupid question of the day! I have a 1995 GMC c1500 reg cab, short box, I want to do a 3/4 drop and only do it once, I'm needing advice on which kit to buy and go from there, I read a lot on the stupid lowered thread about doing a flip kit for the rear, have some kinda of idea on it, but need to be educated on this. From what I've read my thoughts would be a beltech kit up front?! and from what I've read a flip kit for the rear?! Just needing some advice on this please. I already have my fix for riding on air w/ a 62 Cad that will lay frame, the 95 is my DD. Thank for any help/info!

Attachments

• 0A3F0C3B-83B5-4F83-BA90-508DF029BF11.jpeg
    0A3F0C3B-83B5-4F83-BA90-508DF029BF11.jpeg
    274.8 KB · Views: 41
  • 021C17D7-B068-4B21-8140-F27FF85B8109.jpeg
    021C17D7-B068-4B21-8140-F27FF85B8109.jpeg
    352.3 KB · Views: 39

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice Caddy!
Go ahead and 4/6 it, you'll end up there anyway... spindles and springs, control arms, coilovers, any of the front methods will work, depends on your budget and preference. Flip kit out back with an under bed notch, may need to reroute exhaust and/or notch the bed supports.
Any of the major players will have pros and cons, but they'll all work.

95OBSMan

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks 618!! a lot of bloody knuckles, hours and of course Bennys in that caddy!! So I was wondering that about the 4/6, so the front end is tried and all rubber bushing are toasted concealing the front end, so I was going to do new upper/lower arms cuz I'm lazy, all new steering components, so the coilers are for the front? then the flip in the back, the bed was all ready notched, do I need to C notch for the frame? What would be your preference on the suppliers for front and back?! Thanks I really appreciate you input on this, thats a bad ass dually!!

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m happy with the 3/4 on my truck, but if I were to do it again I’d do a 4/6. The axle flip in the back is much less work and frustration than replacing the spring hangers.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks 618!! a lot of bloody knuckles, hours and of course Bennys in that caddy!! So I was wondering that about the 4/6, so the front end is tried and all rubber bushing are toasted concealing the front end, so I was going to do new upper/lower arms cuz I'm lazy, all new steering components, so the coilers are for the front? then the flip in the back, the bed was all ready notched, do I need to C notch for the frame? What would be your preference on the suppliers for front and back?! Thanks I really appreciate you input on this, thats a bad ass dually!!
Thank you!
You'll need to notch the frame to flip it, bolt or weld in according to your preference. What @95burban suggested is what I'd do. Spindles and springs are cheaper, but ride worse.

95OBSMan

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks guys for the reply, from my research and watching a butt load of videos that a 4/6 is really the way to go for me, don't have to mess with the rear hangers, 95burban so I think I get it, djm control arms with coilovers, can I still use the oem spindles and calipers?

95burban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You can use all your factory parts, 3in djm arms with half a coil cut would work real well.

95OBSMan

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That sounds like the way to go! so I would have to cut the coil? right? no biggie got a cut master 60 plasma cutter, then a good set of shocks up front and the bell tech in the rear, I'll have to check out that IHC set up out! Thanks guys for the insight on this, big help!!