Looking for Advice on Shocks! 2-Door Tahoe with DJM Flip!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sideburnz

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I installed DJM flip kit [FK1029-2D] in the rear of my 1999 2Dr Tahoe with the supplied shock extenders. I'm getting ready to purchase new shocks and I really want to go with Bilstein shocks. I’ve read though the entire shock thread and I’m still unsure of the part number to go with?

The DJM website list two differ shock sizes so I’m wondering about fabricating a 1” longer shock extender for the driver’s side?

Thanks to anybody that can help!

Sideburnz

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
This afternoon I measured the ride heigth from T-bar to eyelet:
Drivers Side: 16.5"
Passenger Side: 18"

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve read through it several times and I’m confused too o_O

Night Bomber

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Probably need a bit more information to help but this may give you some help...
Mine 1998 C1500 has a 4/6 drop DJM kit with all 4 new front control arms as part of the suspension kit. I used the DJM Calmax shocks that came with the kit for the front.

The kit also came with shock extender hardware that was bolted to the shock attach points on the drive axle. I used Suburban rear shocks by ACDelco P/N 504-550 and put a separate air supply line to each of them to reduce sway in turns. Also used a Suburban rear anti-sway bar. It's no Ferrari, but it does carve pretty nice.