20” wheel/tire size for 4/6 Belltech lower kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

open_road_toad

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I’ve searched the forums and found some information regarding this question but I’m getting ready to make the purchase and I just want to double check before I do so.

I have a 1988 C1500 standard cab 8’ bed (profile pic). All original truck completely unmolested. I’ve done a bunch of mechanical work to it but now it’s time to make it look a little better imo.

I’ve decided to go with a Belltech 4/6 drop kit with shocks, alignment kit and possibly sway bars (truck currently has stock sb in front). Street Truck did a great write up on this kit and the pics of the end result was exactly what I am looking for.

They installed 20x8.5 front and 20x10 rear with 245/40 and 275/40 tires. They claim no rub and no fender roll required.

What would the backspace/offset of those wheels be to achieve that? It wasn’t mentioned anywhere in the article. From what I could find searching this forum it would be a 5.5” bs for front and 6” rear.

I’ve attached a pic of the truck from the article.

Thanks in advance, I appreciate this forum and all of you.

Todd
You must be registered for see images attach

95burban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here are the specs for the front and rear…
You must be registered for see images attach

Attachments

• IMG_0867.png
    IMG_0867.png
    295.2 KB · Views: 36
Reaction score
The other item that I purchased when I did the same Bell Tech kit with shocks is get part #6658 Upper shock mount extension kit. This should be part of there complete kit but it is not and they made a big difference on keeping the shocks in the correct angle.

open_road_toad

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
The other item that I purchased when I did the same Bell Tech kit with shocks is get part #6658 Upper shock mount extension kit. This should be part of there complete kit but it is not and they made a big difference on keeping the shocks in the correct angle.
Noted. Thanks!