C1500 or LD drop spindle on a c2500HD?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I haven’t seen much definitive info on this topic, but I am fully aware that c1500 or c2500LD spindles do not fit onto c2500HD’s due to the ball joints I believe? Is it possible to swap parts to run the c1500 spindles on my truck, and specifically what parts is it just the ball joints or many more parts that would create a headache. I’m trying to make this conversion because they are much cheaper than the 500-700$ HD spindles. Also hoping there is a way to convert them because I’m looking for 2” of front lowering and not 3” which is the only drop value for HD spindles.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
A lot of work and extra parts to save money on the spindles, and downgrading parts to get there. The 1500 upper ball joint has a smaller stud because.. it's a 1500 ball joint, not a 2500 ball joint. It won't fit the upper control arm. A 1500 upper control arm will fit, but it's a stamped piece, not forged. Your rotor isn't going to fit the 1500 spindle, etc. As you can see it's a domino effect.

If the sticking point is the amount of drop, you can get a very inexpensive set of coil spring spacers from Belltech. Or I bet if you ask you can find someone willing to send you their unused ones.. they come with their 2-3" drop springs, and the 1" spacer is the part that makes up the difference in drop. Throw 'em in while you're doing your spindles.

You must be registered for see images attach

Richard

Reaction score
I guess it would be feasible if you had a donor truck to get all the extra parts off of. I just made the mistake of getting a 702nd kit from belltech but spindles were wrong for my c2500 hd and had to buy the right spindles separately.

So i do have some spindles for sale
You must be registered for see images attach