eBay 2” drop spindles vs bell tech or djm

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

A97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’m never gonna get the true answer from asking the manufacturer themselves cause they’re gonna wanna push their product, regardless of the truth , So in good faith I ask the questions here … atm I’m out for set of drop spindles paired to work with 1.25” rotors … Sadly gotta be any other options besides reacts because I am staying with a classic 15” rally. If I was gonna go 18-20” I would spend on the reacts.
This is more less a question on feedback from anyone who went the risky / cheaper cost effective route and has formerly or currently ran the generic 2” drop spindles such as the ones you can get on eBay through spindle source or street edge vs going with the household names.
I know everyone is gonna say belltech or react or djm in last place . But if anyone has every tried and had good feedback on mainly the fitment and machining of the offbrand 150-200$ sets let me know what you found .
Paint/powder coat quality don’t matter I can have any set re-done locally I have a friend who runs a shop.
I’m not seeing the justification in
175$- 335$ difference at least for spindles atm per the wheels I’m using , and since nothing is ever long term for me …but then again if it matters I’ll go the household name route .

My rear flip/notch had no choice but belltech for the price point and options which is fine …but I wanna save a buck on the fronts and I have better funding options to spend on eBay direct currently
Or are there any other alternative sources out there that are to use with cost kept Closer 180$-220$ a set give or take.

Last edited:

A97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Years back when I had zilch better to do on a weekend I gave myself a learning curve and I ’test fit and drop the front of my 94 suburban quite a few years ago with a set of 2” drop spindles I had laying around from a parts trade …but I never had the flip kit at that time for the rear , it was just to see what everything was gonna look like ….so I know how to do the job entirely ...
But At this point I’m Also questioning and interested in knowing where to look for a decent 3” drop coil set
afaik djm offers 3” haven’t seen 3” by anyone else, If I was to cut a winding off my stocks paired with the 2”drop spindle would that be enough to level up with 7” rear flip on a 2wd Suburban
I know people chip a coil to spare $ but then it seems like the coils don’t seat right in the spring pocket when doing so .

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My .02c.....there is a difference between buying cheap mirrors, radios, grills etc and bolting them up and buying what are probably suspect quality parts that hold my vehicle up and keep the wheels attached.
For the few dollars more, I'm buying quality parts that are tried and true with actual company behind them.
It's a basic cost benefit analysis here. What do you have to gain by cheaping out( a few cases of beer) VS what do you have to lose (life, yours or others).
I think you already know what the RIGHT answer is here, but are looking for validation for what you actually want to do. There is probably a reason you can't find any reviews on here for the spindles you are looking at from eBay, no one here is using them(that I have seen) and that should speak volumes.

But hey, you do you. But you also asked.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah I figured this would be the response belltech it is
Lol.... wasn't meaning to poop in your cereal!!!
But that would be a wise choice.
But as I'm sure you are aware, the Belltechs push the wheel out a bit and if you are running the 15" wheels, you will have to trim the lower control arms for clearance.

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also think about supporting mods, I think 2” spindles with stock arms rub 15” wheels.

Drop/cut coils will reduce suspension travel, whereas spindles and control arm drops usually retain close to factory suspension geometry.

I personally wouldn’t trust no name eBay parts that have the potential of killing me or someone else. Just like the “$49 front end rebuild kit”? No way I’m using a $8 ball joint. On anything. Ever.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
B/T spindles widen the track by about .5" per side.
McGaughy's = .25" wider.
DJM & React do not widen the track.
You can run the DJM's with a 15" wheel, but the LCA's will need to be clearanced slightly more than with the McG's and a bit more than that for the B/T's.
No experience with the React spindles. They certainly look impressive!
React says that a 15" wheel will NOT work with their spindles, but as DJM does not widen the track & a 15" wheel CAN & has been used with them...
Maybe it's because those React spindles look quite a bit more substantial between the ball joints when compared to the others. That's may be where the clearance issues are, beyond whatever the LCA's require with the other brands.

This is the amount of clearancing required for B/T's & their derivatives to run 15" wheels.
Both sides of the arms needs to be done.
Run stick-on balancing weights with all of the different brands. No clip-on style. Even with modded LCA's. They WILL get knocked off.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

A97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Interesting info, So there is 100% proof other ran reacts on 15” wheels ! Any side notes on what back space offset was or is recommended in those instances ?
According to react they don’t even recommend a 17” really they reccomend 18 “+

I’m gonna have to consider djms at this point now after reading this .

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
B/T spindles widen the track by about .5" per side.
McGaughy's = .25" wider.
DJM & React do not widen the track.
You can run the DJM's with a 15" wheel, but the LCA's will need to be clearanced slightly more than with the McG's and a bit more than that for the B/T's.
No experience with the React spindles. They certainly look impressive!
React says that a 15" wheel will NOT work with their spindles, but as DJM does not widen the track & a 15" wheel CAN & has been used with them...
Maybe it's because those React spindles look quite a bit more substantial between the ball joints when compared to the others. That's may be where the clearance issues are, beyond whatever the LCA's require with the other brands.

This is the amount of clearancing required for B/T's & their derivatives to run 15" wheels.
Both sides of the arms needs to be done.
Run stick-on balancing weights with all of the different brands. No clip-on style. Even with modded LCA's. They WILL get knocked off.

You must be registered for see images attach
Since amount of drop is the same (2" across the board w/most offerings) I'd think the track width increase (or lack of) has varying impact on whether 15's will rub on the LCA, but everything I've heard about why Belltech pushes the wheel out is to slightly increase clearance on the lock to lock turning radius, before the tire sidewall hits frame or sway bar or something, possibly the frame rail? Been too long.

Anyway trimming the LCA for 15's is a thing regardless of which spindle you choose, as the relative position (height-wise) of the wheel hoop to the LCA should remain constant. and I'd imagine the less they push the wheel out, the more you'll need to trim. It'll also depend on what wheels you run. When I had the 15" Centerlines on my '92 I also had to gently grind the brake caliper for clearance inside the hoop!

Richard

A97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Also think about supporting mods, I think 2” spindles with stock arms rub 15” wheels.

Drop/cut coils will reduce suspension travel, whereas spindles and control arm drops usually retain close to factory suspension geometry.

I personally wouldn’t trust no name eBay parts that have the potential of killing me or someone else. Just like the “$49 front end

Djm is the best and or only option for drop a- arms ?