Opinions on going with 2”or 3” drop springs with 2”spindles and my existing tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95burban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok so .. what’ is a doable 15” tire size then ?
What am I going to be dealing with ?

I can buy new wheels if I choose I been wanting to but I wasn’ t sure what would be just right for a 5” drop with a 17” wheel
You must be registered for see images attach

95burban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
^^^^good all around staggered look for any 15in wheel. Will work on big and little rally wheels, generic steel work truck wheels, aluminum obs wheels etc. 225 70 work great on the front and 275 60 add a little meat to the rear.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
@A97obs here is the pic you requested, it’s the best on I have at the moment. Some reason it won’t let me put pics in the DM.

Yea I could never figure out how to attach photos in DM’s unlike the main thread

Seen something a while back about that. They don't allow it so, how to put this nicely. So "adult entertainment practitioners" can't apply their trade on poor unsuspecting fools and scam them out of $$$. Lol
Had that issue on the Harley forum I was on. Unsolicited messages and pics were sent in DM's and a bunch of fellas got in hot water with their better half's.

A97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Seen something a while back about that. They don't allow it so, how to put this nicely. So "adult entertainment practitioners" can't apply their trade on poor unsuspecting fools and scam them out of $$$. Lol
Had that issue on the Harley forum I was on. Unsolicited messages and pics were sent in

@A97obs here is the pic you requested, it’s the best on I have at the moment. Some reason it won’t let me put pics in the DM.

Super nice condition ever repainted ?

So..The fronts are 225/70/r15 in this photo ? And the rear 275/60/r15?
5/8 drop?
The front shown here is a true 5” Just Spindles and springs ?

95burban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
all original inside and out. Yeah the fronts are 225 70 and rear is 275 60. Rear is a flip kit along with the helper spring removed, easily 8in of drop. Front is 3in drop control arms with a full coil cut on stock spring making it 5in.

A97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
all original inside and out. Yeah the fronts are 225 70 and rear is 275 60. Rear is a flip kit along with the helper spring removed, easily 8in of drop. Front is 3in drop control arms with a full coil cut on stock spring making it 5in.
That’s the Best color they did these suburbans in IMHO …wish mine was white .
I just mainly had to ask and wanted to compare visually with what to expect a 225-70 to look like .. since I ordered a set of cooper cobra gt radials today for these 87’ c10 rallys I just picked up. 300$ for the whole set with a 5th spare included powder coated.

I Might go for set of new caps a couple bow tie logos are faded, but I heard remakes are made a lot cheaper .

A97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Plans change and Uncertainties continued .. Not using the Rally wheels now .
Changing to a diff nicer more modern Polished wheel but still keeping 15s.

Question here is Will a rear 15x10
-0- offset still clear leaf pack and tuck wheel well on a 7-8” flip. I’ve also confirmed a 275/60 will still mount on a 15x10 just a tad stretched . Alternatively what’s the widest tires in comparison to 275/60 that I could use on a 15x8 or 15x10 to fill the inner well or is the 275/60 about the perfect choice

Last edited: