Feedback on React drop spindles with 15s can it be done? It’s claimed to have been ‘

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

A97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’m covering options for me on another topic on my drop spindle and control arms , but I wanted to bring the specific question to the
“Main Page “ to see if Anybody here has ran react drop spindles on specifically 15-16” inch wheels and got a proper fit proper clearance at full steer.
It’s mentioned it can or has been done regardless of reacts “Notes” on needing 17” or larger wheels .Whos done it is the question ? What was your spindle coils or control arm drop total ? What did you need to trim off the lca’s what was the over all findings?

Tony_J

Reaction score
did you ever try the react spindles? I would like to keep my 16” tahoe limited wheels if i can…

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
did you ever try the react spindles? I would like to keep my 16” tahoe limited wheels if i can…
Nothing keeping anyone from running 16's or even 15's with drop spindles. The amount of trimming to the LCA is minimal and doesn't compromise the LCA. Per Belltech:

You must be registered for see images attach

I've said it before, I ran 15's on my '92 ECLB C1500 and it had 15's already when I bought it, previous owners ran for years and I did too on some horribly trimmed LCA's. I mean you'd look at them and think they trimmed them with a torch while half-blind from it. At 225K miles I rebuilt the front end and only replaced the arms because I was in there already with the whole front end torn down.

Richard

dubless

Reaction score
I'd also like to know if the React's work with 15's, in my case 15x8 C10 Rally's. I don't think its an issue with having to trim the LCA's, that's a given with almost any spindle. I'd like to know if it's a caliper clearance issue. Which would not be as easy to remedy.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I'd also like to know if the React's work with 15's, in my case 15x8 C10 Rally's. I don't think its an issue with having to trim the LCA's, that's a given with almost any spindle. I'd like to know if it's a caliper clearance issue. Which would not be as easy to remedy.
Valid concern. It's been so long that I've run 15's on a drop spindle I only barely remember once having a caliper clearance issue, and it was when I put Centerline "Billet Stealth" wheels on my '92 C1500 ECLB. One, but not both, of the front wheels was making very slight contact with the caliper. I ground a few millimeters of material off the caliper where it was rubbing and no more issues. Obviously in that case it was a little excess material on the caliper casting.

Richard

A97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
L
I'd also like to know if the React's work with 15's, in my case 15x8 C10 Rally's. I don't think it’s an issue with having to trim the LCA's, that's a given with almost any spindle. I'd like to know if it's a caliper clearance issue. Which would not be as easy to remedy

According to others react and Djm do not push the spindle out ! Reacts design is just way diff , so yea you can run 15s, just gonna need to trim Lca to clear rim/ tire on full steer like any other setup . I Ran 15s on a lifted spindle and cleared the lca after a small amount removed. Lift drop hand in hand if your using 15s or even 16s
17+ tend to be no issues

I have new djm drop spindles in box not using for sale