Front Splash Shield

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why did they put GM 15553977 only on the passenger side? Same part would fit and accomplish the same function on drivers side(keeping sh*t out of core support area). :shrug:
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why did they only put GM 15553977 only on the passenger side? Same part would fit and accomplish the same function on drivers side(keeping sh*t out of core support area). :shrug:
You must be registered for see images attach
Probably to keep stuff out of the intake. I agree, should be on the other side too.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
You can still get originals.
Genuine GM 15569497 Wheelhouse Splash Shield, Front
https://a.co/d/dqsI5C7

My truck uses different parts: https://www.gmpartsgiant.com/oem-ch...year=1999&submodel=&extra1=&extra2=&filter=()

It looks like one is still available, and I had no idea. I thought they were NLA. What confuses me is the one that's available says 2 needed, yet they also have a "passenger side" that is NLA. I think when I bought them before they were two of the same. Maybe I'll order one, as one has ripped.

FLGS400

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I wish I would have read this thread before I went to the treasure yard. The inner fender I got had one on it, so I spent about 30-minutes looking at all the GMT400 trucks to see if any had the driver side one!

My truck did not come with that splash shield in front of the passenger side wheel, but the push in clips are there.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wish I would have read this thread before I went to the treasure yard. The inner fender I got had one on it, so I spent about 30-minutes looking at all the GMT400 trucks to see if any had the driver side one!

My truck did not come with that splash shield in front of the passenger side wheel, but the push in clips are there.
None ever came with a driver side shield. That was the point of my thread… Why didn’t they have one?
You can easily add one though.
Edit: Reread your post, sorry, I see what your saying.

Last edited: