Offroad Lighting thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chevy8697

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
Light bar and 2 in the plastic guard up front. Looking for a roll cage or something for the lights up top the light bar sits too high for me. Looking for a prerunner style bumper to put three more up front. If not i'll get a brush guard for them.

Kyle97GMC

NO SIR IT'S NOT A CHEVY.
Reaction score
Light bar and 2 in the plastic guard up front. Looking for a roll cage or something for the lights up top the light bar sits too high for me. Looking for a prerunner style bumper to put three more up front. If not i'll get a brush guard for them.

How hard is it to wire lights on the roof? I may be helping my friend put some on his XJ

Chevy8697

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well actually it was pretty easy. I spent about 30 minutes trying to figure out different ways to get the wire to the roof without it showing. If i had mounted the rack back farther i would have opened up the third taillight cover and ran a power cable inside the cab out through the taillight just removing a tiny amount of the seal for the wire to go though. But, what i ended up doing was this i ran my power wire through then engine compartment through the fire wall and out towards the drivers side kick panel. then up inside the kick panel to the dash. After that just run it up the door seal. with our trucks we have a inner lip that holds my wire in place and it is not visible at all.. The way i did it should work similarly on his XJ if i'm thinking correctly. If you want pics lemme know. Here are some pics to get an idea.

Last edited:

Chevy8697

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea it works fairly well they don't move or pop out. They stay out of sight which I like i'm curious if anyone has done that third taillight idea though.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Yea it works fairly well they don't move or pop out. They stay out of sight which I like i'm curious if anyone has done that third taillight idea though.

yah but wouldn't they have to run across the roof?

Chevy8697

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just one wire. But if you have it tight it wouldn't be that big of a deal imo. I have a black truck I could just run black wire. It wouldn't be to noticeable would it?

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Just one wire. But if you have it tight it wouldn't be that big of a deal imo. I have a black truck I could just run black wire. It wouldn't be to noticeable would it?

no probably not but it'd still bother me if it was my truck lol idk why it just would knowing people might see it