Offroad Lighting thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
It does not hurt anything to bring a dead thread back to life. Everyone always ****** and moans when a topic of a thread is done over and over so this will cut down on it. Plus It may bring old threads to peoples eyes that have not seen them yet or forgot about them. Just saying.

On a better note:
:welcome: 96k4x4

Good point

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Well, lets see if we can spark this old thread back up again then .

Headlights:

You must be registered for see images attach

Low beams - Acura TSX hid projector housings in a clear lens aftermarket housing. 35w 4300k d2s capsules.
High beams - 35w 9006 based 5000k hid capsules in the standard reflector housings. Temporary until time and money allow for Acura TSX projector retrofits with cutoff shield removed and 4300k 35w d2s capsules.

Fogs: kc lx2 wide beams frenched into the front bumper. 35w H3 halogens. Double as drl's on half power through a dedicated drl module. The drivers side is real, the passenger side is a ps. Has since been frenched into bumper for real but no current pics.

Backup lights:

35w flood lamps frenched into bumper. Activated via relay triggered off stock reverse lamps

Driving lights:

Four 55w hid h3 conversions. On a quick release bar with quick disconnect electrical plugs. Only installed when i know I'll need/use them. That's a ps from when i was working out the concept in my head. No current pictures right now.

Running dual alternators to keep the juice flowing when it's all a full battle cry.

People swear they can see me coming an hour away sometimes. You need this kind of light here. Very remote, very dark, very far between places and lots of moose hiding in the woods who seem to have little fear or respect of motor vehicles. "See them before they see you" are words to (literally) live by here...

Thats about it except for some amber flashing led lights that will be added to the truck cap for when I've got the 7.5 foot fisher plow installed....

Last edited:

88GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'll contribute.

30" Rigid Spot/Flood

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
I'll contribute.

30" Rigid Spot/Flood

Interesting front bumper alterations. Haven't seen an idea like that before.

More pics?

I may steal the concept and switch it up a bit!

:lol:

-sin-

Honor the Fallen
Reaction score
I'll contribute.

30" Rigid Spot/Flood

High dollar lighting....NICE! Bumper mod also kicks "donkey!" :anitoof:

Mine as of yesterday, a set of el-cheapo driving lights (not installed currently cause my HIDs wash them out)

88GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Interesting front bumper alterations. Haven't seen an idea like that before.

More pics?

I may steal the concept and switch it up a bit!

:lol:

My ol man chopped it back in like 97 to fit around a Western plow frame cause they push the bumper so far from the body. It's been chopped a whole bunch since to clear tires and the winch fairlead. The winch plate and D-Rings are on the frame not the bumper.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
My ol man chopped it back in like 97 to fit around a Western plow frame cause they push the bumper so far from the body. It's been chopped a whole bunch since to clear tires and the winch fairlead. The winch plate and D-Rings are on the frame not the bumper.

Ah, i see. So the ends are pushed back instead of the center being pushed out.....

88GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well kinda. The ends are in factory location, just moved up an inch to get rid of that grill filler panel. The corners were then shortened in depth about 2". The center is like 32" wide, moved up 1" and pushed out 4". Other than the center sticking out, it's essentially in the factory location.