Offroad Lighting thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
Front - Bosch E-code GM quad headlights with 4,300K HIDs, custom H7 HID spotlights, KC LX2 Fog lights in GM factory housings with HIDs.
You must be registered for see images attach

Back - two 55watt driving lights.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
facing backward 2 55w fogs soon to come 2 100w of bigger facing forward on the headache rack, and maybe some on a light bar on the front

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
OK this whole "88GMC" & 88GMCTRUCK " had me confused, thought Dave had another truck for a minute.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Hmm, not to bad so far for am old thread revived.

Lets keep 'em coming....

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
OK this whole "88GMC" & 88GMCTRUCK " had me confused, thought Dave had another truck for a minute.
:lol: I don't know when this "88GMC" guy came around, but I've had this name since 2001 or 2002 on all the forums I've used.

Hmm, not to bad so far for am old thread revived.

Lets keep 'em coming....
:handshake: Agreed

I've been wanting to add some more lighting to my 88. Just not sure how......

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
It's pretty tight. I've seen it done, you'll need some of those slim lights for sure.

Oh, unless you have an external oil or transmission cooler. Then it's likely a no-go.

Oh yeah... I do have a tranny cooler, forgot about that. Yeah, I think my lights are 3 1/2 to 4" thick or so

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Oh yeah... I do have a tranny cooler, forgot about that. Yeah, I think my lights are 3 1/2 to 4" thick or so

Unless it's short haul DD type use, i wouldn't be plugging those big lights between the grill and rad stack.

You'll probably get away with them there 90% of the time for other uses besides DD, but hit one big hill on a warm day with a decent load on and you'll be sitting on the side of the road watching it do it's best "old faithful" impression in short order.

If you're lucky, it'll cool and you'll carry on.

If you're unlucky you'll scuff a piston skirt and get to enjoy a nice knock knock knock every time you cold start it....