Nobodys94 Daily driver (slow project)..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hrkhotrods

Reaction score
Looks sweet... I wish I kept my smoothies. Here's my Caprice wagon with them on it.

You must be registered for see images attach

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
how much those run ya anyways? ive been thinking of swapping out my 20s for 20 smoothies but when i search i mostly get the old car smooth center cap style

hrkhotrods

Reaction score
I bought mine used for $600 with like new tires. I needed a 1/4" spacer in the front so I could run the center cap

Nobodys94

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought mine used for $600 with like new tires. I needed a 1/4" spacer in the front so I could run the center cap

I had to ditch the 1/4 spacers up front when i lowerd the truck more. To gt the center caps to fit I took my dremel and beveled the sharp ridge innside the center cap to fit over that lip on the rotor.

I have tried to polish the whe3ls with several different good wheel polishes. None have worked. I tried a really good polish and it scratched the crap out of one wheel. They r about to get powerballed with the polish i use on my peterbilt wheels.

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
o ya. powerball ;) i used it on one of my trailers wheels and it shined up real nice. think i used mothers polish on it. ive only done one rim tho but from how good it made it look im sold on them!

are those wheels billet alum? a special polish would probably work best. if its not smooth to touch it might need to be SUPER FINE sanded and then polished. tho it would probably be best to try and call the manufacture and ask them what they would recomend to bring them back to as new! im sure they have to polish them brand new so they know whats best to use ;)

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
OK, so I finally had to register here so I could see pics of my old truck. :D

I know this is a response to a really old question at this point but the reason the rest of the truck is faded behind the passenger fender is...the passenger fender is off another truck. The old fender was equally faded. Back in May of 2009 some dude in a Ford Ranger smacked the crap out of me right in the fender/bumper,

So I grabbed a fender off a parts truck at my shop, that just happened to already be black. Anyway funny thing is my truck was still totally driveable other than I no longer had a corner signal and the main turn signal was flopping around in the broken grille, but the Ranger f'd up his bumper, grille, hood, fender, door, driver's side rocker, and busted the wheel right off the spindle and flopped it up under his truck.

Anyway looks great with the billet grille and the fatter back tires, of course you know not the way I woulda done it but it's not mine anymore!! :( Man I sure miss my truck. Actually mostly I miss my smoothies, my 454SS dash cluster, and some of the other goodies. :D Wish I had more time to get my current '94 into the shape I want.

Sorry about all that metal crap in the orifice tube, I guess when the nearly-new A/C compressor crapped out it let more shrapnel loose in the system than I thought. That orifice was new when I first put the compressor on, then it seized up and I warrantied it out. I think when you got it from me the warranty compressor was already on.

Oh BTW I had great luck polishing those wheels out a while back, and also some older Centerlines I used to have, with Wenol. Wheels gotta be 100% clean first so there's no little specs of debris to cause scratches. The Wenol will make 'em look like new and that's even if you don't use the Powerball, I never did, I just did them by hand.

addicion2bass - they're Centerline rotary forged billet, they have a super tight grain in the alloy and hold a smooth finish forever. Once shined they last a verrrrrry long time for a "raw" aluminum wheel. No need for sanding, not even super fine grit. Extremely mild (in terms of abrasiveness) polish with a heavy solvent content is what gets 'em shiny.

Richard

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
"Man I sure miss my truck."

Hadda do something about that. :anitoof:

Richard