My boring white 95 K1500 ECSB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Great progress! I did a 15 bolt swap in my 93, and I didn't consider how much money i'd be putting into it to get it where I wanted. Used junkyard complete axle was $150, but then I wanted the axles to be redrilled to be 5 lug to match the fronts, then I also got a truetrac, all new brakes, new cover, it all adds up!

Portedfrankenstien

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks! Someday I need to check my pick n pull yard for better factory wheels. I like this style, but mine are in pretty rough shape. Just like the rest of the truck, dent in every panel. Keeps the door dings away. :D
Ha ha. We've all got some of those. My rear bumper is bent, and dented the corner of the bed. Its not that noticeable, but we all know where every blemish is on our trucks. That style of wheel is hard to come by in good condition. It seems like every truck I see with them, the wheels look rough. That's the style that came on my yukon, and they were beat. But I like what you're doing with your truck. It looks great.

VCaddy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Great progress! I did a 15 bolt swap in my 93, and I didn't consider how much money i'd be putting into it to get it where I wanted. Used junkyard complete axle was $150, but then I wanted the axles to be redrilled to be 5 lug to match the fronts, then I also got a truetrac, all new brakes, new cover, it all adds up!

I think it's gonna be close to 2 grand all said and done. Let's see, 200 for axle, 550 Truetrac, 300 for master rebuild kit, 120 axle bearings, 300 for brake parts, and maybe 300 for a Mag Hytec cover. And I've already spent a grand in cool tools to do the job, but I wanted all of them anyway, just forced to buy them sooner for this project.

Ha ha. We've all got some of those. My rear bumper is bent, and dented the corner of the bed. Its not that noticeable, but we all know where every blemish is on our trucks. That style of wheel is hard to come by in good condition. It seems like every truck I see with them, the wheels look rough. That's the style that came on my yukon, and they were beat. But I like what you're doing with your truck. It looks great.

I bet I can scrounge up a good set of wheels at my yard, one here and there from different trucks. There's dozens of GMT 400s to choose from.

I'm good at taking pictures to hide the damage in my truck. There's huge dents in the bed by the Z71 decals, a dent in the cab, dents all down the doors. Might have a line on a parts truck with no title, but straight and rust free doors and bed. That's like gold to me.

VCaddy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Still cleans up pretty nice for being a drinkin' age truck. Polished the lenses front and rear. Applied a coat of 22ple HPC glass coat, we'll see how that holds up over the winter.

You must be registered for see images attach

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahuskwulf